latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro form registration and buddypress

Home Forums Community Forum Pro form registration and buddypress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 4:10 am #46028

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for your answers on my previous questions. I was able to create a page with some member information using the s2member fields! Still a few questions remain. I’am not sure if these are s2member or buddypress questions.

Subscribers register to my site using the PayPal pro forms. With this form I also ask them to write something about themselves. I do not want to use the buddypress registration form but I would like to show the information they wrote about themselves in a buddypress profile page. Is this possible and how can I accomplish this?

I’am asking this question because the events manager I use on my site offers the opportunity to link to a buddypress profilepage.

If this is not possible is there another way to arrange this?

Kind regards,
Marco Verhagen

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:20 pm #46099
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your patience.

I believe the only way you’d accomplish this would be to edit/replace the BuddyPress template file(s). I’d ask about changing these files in the BuddyPress forums, but you should be able to use the Shortcodes that you find in s2Member’s docs along with the do_shortcode() function from WordPress to get the information you need in this template file. If you have any trouble getting the information, we’ll be happy to help, but I can’t tell you how/where to put it. :-\

See: BuddyPress Forums

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:53 pm #46397

Hi,

I thought it was better to write some code. Here is a little piece of it. When I use ‘.get_the_author_description().’ it perfectly shows the description of the author. When I replace this for example with this shortcode: [s2Get user_field="s2member_access_role" /] or some php: $s2member_access_role = get_user_field (“s2member_access_role”); I get an error. Can you please explain me what I’am doing wrong?

<th>Author:</th>
<td><b> '.get_the_author().'</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th valign="top"><b>About:</b> </th>
<td align="justify">'.get_the_author_description().'</td>
</tr>

Thanks,
Marco

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:56 pm #46399
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

That’s caused because your theme is already echo’ing the data. If you want to put PHP code there, you have to do something like this:

<th>Author:</th>
<td><b> ';
// Your code can go here..
echo '</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th valign="top"><b>About:</b> </th>
<td align="justify">'.get_the_author_description().'</td>
</tr>
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.