latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro form sign up – custom caps wrong

Home Forums Community Forum Pro form sign up – custom caps wrong

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 6:36 am #16762
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi,

My form code is…

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="4" ccaps="" desc="£39.00 for membership of Cleeve Racing's 2012 Royal Ascot service" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="cleeveracing.com" success="http://www.cleeveracing.com/welcome-to-the-2012-royal-ascot-service" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="39.00" rp="2" rt="W" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

I assume that with the ccaps field being empty that no cc’s would be set for new members…. However when they subscribe they are being created s4 profiles with cc’s “nathunt, festival”

What is causing this??

many thanks

Nick

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 6:38 am #16763
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Also I am not receiving emails notifying me of when there is a reply even though the tick box is checked

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:36 am #16857

Hi Nick.

I assume that with the ccaps field being empty that no cc’s would be set for new members…. However when they subscribe they are being created s4 profiles with cc’s “nathunt, festival”

Right, if the ccaps aren’t in the shortcode, they shouldn’t be added to the account. I’m guessing that you have a customization that adds that to new users, maybe. Have you added any hacks to your functions file, or the must-use plugins?

Also I am not receiving emails notifying me of when there is a reply even though the tick box is checked

Were you receiving the notifications before and now they stopped, or you never got them?

They are working for me. Maybe they’re going to your spam folder? Try adding s2member at websharks-inc dot com (change the “at” and “dot”) to your contacts.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.