latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro forms and Payflow error messages

Home Forums Community Forum Pro forms and Payflow error messages

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike Sinibaldi 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 9:38 am #49688

I was preforming final testing on site and I am receiving error #36 form PayPal using the Pro form with Payflow. According to PayPal tech support, “I’m not seeing that the credit card number is being sent over in the request. You may need to post on the S2Member forums to have someone take a look at your logs to see if it’s an issue with it not including the account number (credit card number). I see it listed when the profile is created, but when a transaction is attempted it’s not sent”.

This information was derived from the debug logs. I should also note that when testing modification of membership levels, the transactions failed to modify the acct after the regular term of the subscription.

Does this have anything to do with the most recent upgrade to S2 Pro? Everything worked fine before.

Please advise, I’m dead in water here. I can send over logs you need to diagnose problem. Just tell me which ones you want.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:05 pm #49837
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

PayPal changed their system recently and it was causing this error for certain types of PayPal accounts. This issue has been addressed in the newest version of s2Member.

See: s2Member® Unified Changelog » v130510

From the changelog:

• (s2Member Pro) Updating Payflow Integration w/ Payflow Bug Workaround (Issue #193) Updating Payflow integration to support Billing Agreement IDs (aka: BAID values) when working together with Payflow Express Checkout APIs (and where a site owner is charging on a recurring basis).

This improvement also allows s2Member to work around a Payflow bug where BILLINGTYPE=RecurringPayments results in error #7 (Invalid/Expired TOKEN) whenever Payflow attempts to rebill a customer. s2Member now sets BILLINGTYPE=RecurringBilling; and we pass BAID=B-xxxxxx instead of passing TOKEN=xxxxxx.

Site owners also need to contact PayPal MTS and ask to have Reference Transactions (free) enabled for Recurring Billing service. ~ However, you ONLY need Recurring Billing service and Reference Transactions enabled IF you’re operating a PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) account; and only IF you’re charging customers on a recurring basis.

All of these changes related to Payflow (as detailed in this changelog entry), impact only ONE specific scenario.

• You have a PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) account.
  • You charge your customers on a recurring basis.
  • A customer chooses PayPal as their billing method during checkout.
  • No other part of s2Member’s integration with Payflow was modified in this release.

For further details, please see this thread (or monitor the s2Member KB for new articles on this subject).

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 7:34 pm #49891

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately the update v130510 has not resolved my problem. I followed the protocol for updating to the current version of S2 Standard and Pro. PayPal has enabled the transaction settings as you require. I’m still getting an Error #36. As I mentioned I’m working in the test mode. PayPal says that their bug fix that occurs in a test environment will not be active until June 1. Unfortunately, I’m not ready to go live with my site.

Can you suggest what is causing this error and a fix?

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 6:47 pm #50035
    Bruce
    Username: Bruce
    Staff Member

Can you suggest what is causing this error and a fix?

The problem is related to the specific type of PayPal account that you have, which works with the Payflow API as well as the regular PayPal API. You said you’re running in Sandbox testing mode. I’d strongly recommend coming out of the Sandbox and using a live PayPal account doing transactions for $0.01 now. This is generally a good idea all the time, as at times (like now) the Sandbox can cause more problems than it helps. That’s all that we can recommend at this point.

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 8:21 pm #50041

That already crossed my mind. I will try that but it will take me a week or so to get my SSL and PayPal account squared away for live transactions. Please leave the ticket open and I’ll update the status later.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.