latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Forms does not detect logged in user

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Forms does not detect logged in user

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 5:53 pm #53664
RM
Username: rmendoza

I am switching from wp-members to s2member. On my development server, I am have exported/imported current users to s2member successfully. We are going to start with everyone on level 0 and have users upgrade to paid level-1. So I am only using s2member-level-1. With using pro forms to upgrade, the form shows create profile in the form. I believe this is a bug since a member is already logged in and trying to upgrade via pro form. I am not sure if I am missing something. Please help. Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 7:16 pm #53668
RM

So by disabling all plugins (except s2member) and changing theme to twenty ten and then activating all plugins and changing theme back to custom it works. Weirdest thing ever. I am now having a problem with payment. I have selected paypal and then checkout with paypal, it goes to paypal.com. I thought everything was handled in pro forms on my site. I prefer the user to NOT leave my site. Also, how do I test credit cards inside s2member pro forms? Is there fake information that I can put in?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 6:52 am #53710

So by disabling all plugins (except s2member) and changing theme to twenty ten and then activating all plugins and changing theme back to custom it works. Weirdest thing ever

Glad the login session thing got sorted out after your tests. I wonder what it was too. Maybe something related to cache or www use (causes login sessions problems)? Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

I am now having a problem with payment. I have selected paypal and then checkout with paypal, it goes to paypal.com. I thought everything was handled in pro forms on my site. I prefer the user to NOT leave my site. Also, how do I test credit cards inside s2member pro forms? Is there fake information that I can put in?

The PayPal payment option in the pro-form has to be there, as required by PayPal. It’s to pay through Express Checkout, and this has to happen on PayPal’s site.

If you want to also receive payments on your site, you’ll need to upgrade your PayPal account to PayPal Pro. You’ll likely get the PayFlow Edition (uses PayFlow’s API), which seems to be the most common one given now. See: Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout

If you’ll be selling a subscription, you’ll also need the Recurring Payments upgrade, and have Reference Transactions enabled for your account. Contact PayPal for these, please.

Another option to receive payments on your site, is to use Authorize.Net instead of PayPal Pro, and it won’t have the Express Checkout option that takes the user to paypal.com. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 3:20 pm #53822
RM

I have enabled Paypal Pro on my test account. I do see that I have recurring payments enabled and running as well. With these all working on my test site (paypal), what else do I need in order to keep the user on my website? If I understood “Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout” page, the user must still login to paypal if selling subscription. Do they have to go to paypal.com to do that or can they stay on my site?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:47 am #53872

If I understood “Knowledge Base » PayPal Pro, PayFlow, DPRP, Express Checkout” page, the user must still login to paypal if selling subscription. Do they have to go to paypal.com to do that or can they stay on my site?

Only if he chooses PayPal (Express Checkout) as the payment option in your pro-form. If you have PayPal Pro with Recurring Payments enabled, then he can pay a subscription from your site with a card.

Do you have the PayFlow Edition of PayPal Pro? If so, enter your PayFlow API credentials as part of the s2Member integration, please. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow™ Account Details[/hilite]

Also, I recommend that you keep logging enabled while setting this up and testing, until you know it’s all running well. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:33 pm #53893
RM

Is the only paypal way to checkout for a subscription, besides credit cards, express checkout?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:16 am #53979

When using pro-forms, yes. If you want to use PayPal buttons, then you have PayPal Standard. PayPal Standard will also require the person to login to his PayPal account if he’ll pay a subscription, because a subscription profile will be created.

If you want to not require the user to login, then there’s an upgrade for PayPal Standard called Enhanced Recurring Payments. Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:34 pm #53996
RM

3. PayPal® Pro ($30/mo + optional Recurring Billing service) = $60/mo total.
PayPal pro is only available in the US (including Alaska/Hawaii), the UK, and Canada.
This allows you to keep Customers on your site throughout the entire checkout process. You can accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, Maestro, Solo, and ALSO offer PayPal® as an option to those who prefer to pay with PayPal®.

The above quote is from “Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison.” I do not understand how this is true if they select paypal as their payment for subscription.

So my reworded question is ….

How do I allow a customer to purchase/upgrade a subscription with paypal and keep them on our site. It says …

This allows you to keep Customers on your site throughout the entire checkout process.

How do I achieve this?

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:24 am #54017

They’re separate sentences, but I see how you could get confused with the way it’s written. I’ll ask Jason to improve it so it can’t be mistaken.

If the user chooses to pay with PayPal, he’ll be taken to PayPal, this is imposed by PayPal, not us, there’s no way for us around it. You can ask PayPal if you can have a customer pay through PayPal Express Checkout without leaving your site. :/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.