latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Forms – Hide Registration Details?

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Forms – Hide Registration Details?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #13833
Jeff Agard
Username: tlgc

Is it possible to hide the part of the Paypal Pro Checkout Form that asks for first name, last name, email, username and password for users who are already logged in?

My site is set up such that users create an account with a free (level 0) membership. After they are logged in, they have the option to purchase a subscription. When I create the forms to purchase the subscriptions, it seems always include the part that asks for all their user information. They are already logged in, and already users of the site so I want to somehow hide that whole area and only ask for the billing info (payment method, credit card number and expiration, billing address, etc).

Is that possible?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:42 pm #13920

Hi Jeff.

You can hide those fields using CSS. Firebug would be very helpful to work out what selectors to use, s2Member adds plenty of IDs and classes that can be used when customizing. http://getfirebug.com

You can also try editing the template for the pro-form to remove the fields, but I’m not sure if that’d cause a validation error, you’d need to test. Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

I hope that helps!

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 1:34 am #13962
Jeff Agard

I tried hiding the fields by removing them from the template file, but I received a validation error. Even though the user is logged in, the fields in the registration area are not auto-populating. Because of this, I receive a validation error even when I hide them using CSS.

Is there something else I can do?

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 2:08 am #13964

Even if you hide the fields with CSS? That may give an error if you were logged out and the fields were left empty because of that, but if you’re logged in and the fields are prepopulated, then it shouldn’t give an error…

If you have a test account that I could login with to take a look at it and try hiding the fields with Firebug, to see what happens, that’d be helpful. Thanks!

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 6:45 pm #14110
Jeff Agard

It looks like the problem is that the fields are NOT auto populating when logged in. Can you think of any particular reason why the fields wouldn’t auto-populate even though I definitely AM logged in with a user account?

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 9:09 pm #14225

No, I don’t know.

Could you please send your login info using the contact form, as well as the link to your page with the form with the fields visible (not hidden)? I’d like to take a look at it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 3:36 pm #14359
Jeff Agard

done. Let me know what you find out. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 3:37 pm #14360
Jeff Agard

oops. I forgot to add the page with the pro-form on it: It’s: http://www.thelovegloveclub.com/checkout-2/

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 4:15 am #14537

Got your email, thanks.

I see. It seems to be a JavaScript conflict.

To test what’s causing it, could you change your theme to the default TwentyEleven? If that doesn’t solve it, could you deactivate other plugins one by one and check that page after each?

Let me know if that helps.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 2:32 pm #14618
Jeff Agard

Issue is now resolved!

I feel like an idiot for not checking the console for Javascript errors. Problem was that my theme wasn’t loading jQuery correctly.

Everything works great now.

Thanks for the help!

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 10:52 pm #14651

I’m glad you found the issue! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.