latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Free Reg Not Overriding Default Reg Page

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Free Reg Not Overriding Default Reg Page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 7:15 pm #16798

According to the S2Member Pro inline docs:

Paypal Pro Free Registration Form
Whenever a visitor registers without paying, they’ll automatically become a Free Subscriber, at Level #0.

*Note* the use of this particular Form will override your Open Registration configuration. In other words, making this Form available is the same as turning Open Registration (on). One of the benefits to this functionality, is that it makes it possible for you to integrate this Free Registration Form in creative ways ( i.e. making it available ONLY under certain circumstances ); while still leaving Open Registration (off) throughout the rest of the site.

So, I created a page and added the shortcode:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="mysite.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

The page works fine, but all the other free registration links still go to the
difficult-to-style page: mysite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

How do I get all the free reg action to point to the Paypal Pro form? (do I need to
turn open registration OFF in the General Options?)

J

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:44 am #16868

You could do a redirection to your new registration page. In your /wp-content/mu-plugins/ dir, create a file named s2hacks.php and past this code in it:
[hilite pre_code]

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:54 am #16901

I’m confused. What is the point of creating a different registration form if it doesn’t become *the*
registration form? Isn’t that what your documentation is saying?

If a user can trivially enter the other reg page, by putting mysite.com/wp-login.php?action=register into
their web browser, then any use of the Paypal Pro free registration form is overridden.

J

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:59 pm #16937

If you add that redirection, anyone that tries /wp-login.php?action=register would be taken to the new one you created.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:49 pm #16950

I created the suggested file in my /wp-content/plugins directory and it did nothing.

J

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:11 pm #16953

What about adding these two lines to the HTACCESS file:

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^action=register$
RewriteRule ^wp-login[.]php$ /myregistration [R,NC,L]

So, it would automatically redirect this:

http://mysite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

to this:

http://mysite.com/myregistration?action=register

J

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:10 pm #16958

Yeah, you can use htaccess.

Sorry about my code, it’s too early in the script to have [hilite mono]wp_redirect[/hilite] available, I should have used [hilite mono]header[/hilite].

[hilite pre_code]
http://yoursite.com/my-registration/'); exit; } [/hilite] This works, I just tested it.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.