latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PRO import error

Home Forums Community Forum PRO import error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 6:20 pm #36028

I have a database from a previous system that I am trying to import into my new s2member/buddypress site and I keep receiving error messages (goes up to Line 99 or something):

The following errors were encountered during importation:

Line #1. User ID# 20 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #2. User ID# 21 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #3. User ID# 22 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #4. User ID# 23 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #5. User ID# 24 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #6. User ID# 25 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #7. User ID# 26 does NOT belong to an existing User.

I have edited the excel file (saved as CSV) to include headings:
ID,Username,Password,First Name,Last Name,Display Name,Email Websitem,Role, Custom Capabilities,Registration Date,First Payment Date,Last Payment Date,Auto-EOT Date,Custom Value,Paid Subscr. ID,Paid Subscr. Gateway,About Heading,About You Details,Bday Heading,Bday Date Details

Clearly I’m missing something. I’d love some help here.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 3:57 am #36070

Hi Amanda.

The first column is for the User ID. If the user exists in your WP database, then you can update his info referencing his ID there. If you enter the ID for a user that doesn’t exist, you’ll get an error. If you want to create a user, then leave that blank and s2Member will create the user with the info in the rest of the row.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 6:53 am #36095

I wish it helped! haha! Nope, I removed all the numbers I had in that column and tried again…same error message. Then, I deleted the column entirely…same error.

This is really frustrating as it’s the ONLY reason I paid for the PRO version.

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 7:01 am #36097

WHOA – ignore my last message…sometimes my brain isn’t actually connected. I forgot to include the headings! They imported.

BUT, now, it didn’t bring in ANY of the custom fields…?

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 6:19 am #36242

I’m glad you got it to import the users. :)

About the custom profile fields, the import format may not be right. The format for those is explained here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Create a test user from the dashboard, and enter a value for all the custom profile fields, don’t leave any empty. Then export the users and look at that test user’s row to see how the custom profile fields are formatted.

But before that, make sure you created the custom profile fields. The import tool will only import values, not create the fields. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

I hope that helps!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.