latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro update roll-outs issue

Home Forums Community Forum Pro update roll-outs issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 9:27 am #19636

Hi guys, I have a HUGE issue here.

Whenever an update to the pro version rolls out, my plugin is deactivated until it receives an update. While this is great in theory, it is definitely NOT cool in reality.

I bought this plugin for a client to use on their sites, I just ‘happened’ by their site this morning and saw the registration and member areas were not working because your plugin shuts itself off when an update rolls out. Had I not went to their site this morning, they could have lost potential users. Who knows, maybe they already did as the latest stable version rolled out 15 days ago.

This is unacceptable! The majority of my clients pay me to build them a site they can post to themselves and then I’m out of the picture. Now I have to continuously check in on this one site (for free) on the chance that your plugin “may” deactivate itself.

Had I known this, I probably would have chosen a different membership plugin. I need to know how to stop this from happening immediately please.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #19669
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Sheila,

I believe this happens when the free version of s2Member is updated and the pro version isn’t.

So the solution is to simply tell your clients to not update s2Member without also upgrading the pro version of s2Member, they are using their own licenses right?

I hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #19768

Thanks Eduan, I’ll mention it to them and hopefully it’s good.

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #19769
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome Sheila,

Glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.