latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Widget Logout Redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Widget Logout Redirect

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 12:22 pm #45507

I have Logout redirected to “Home Page” but it goes to “Members Options Page”, though I would prefer it go to my “Goodbye Page”. While testing I was surprised to find the logout URL looked like this:

http://humancollectivepower.com/membership-options/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=43662&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L2ZvcnVtLTIv&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=0&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-43662&s2member_level_req=0

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 8:56 am #45543

Those vars in the Membership Options Page URL say that the person was redirected there because the page he tried to view (page ID 43662) is protected at Level 0. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Since the user just logged out, he’s not given access. You’ll either have to send the person to another page, or make that page public (i.e. remove all access restrictions it has).

Posted: Sunday Mar 24th, 2013 at 4:01 am #45584

Exactly, Page ID 43662 is the “Forum” and as I said above I have “Home Page” selected as the logout redirect. So with “Home Page” selected as the redirect why it trying to sent them to the “Forum”??

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:58 am #45728

I don’t know. Does any logout link behave like that or only one of them? You may want to review the code for the link, see if you see a redirect_to variable pointing to that page.

s2Member only has a logout redirection in the Pro Login Widget. If you’re using that, you could review the setting for this to make sure it’s pointing to the Home page and not the page where the user logged out from. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2Member Pro Login[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 2:42 am #45849

The only redirection on the website is Pro Login Widget and in it, Redirection After Logout has “Home Page” selected. I have also entered a URL in to widget for Edit Profile: http://humancollectivepower.com/forum-2/profile/. I have even removed this and it still will not redirect to “Home Page”.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 2:59 am #45850

I don’t know how to code and have not changed anything, nor could I be of help in this area.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 11:45 pm #45953

s2Member doesn’t have a setting to affect that, other than in the logout link of the widget, but even that can be changed by another plugin or the theme.

You can follow the tips here to find if it’s the theme or another plugin causin this behavior on logout. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 2:21 am #45963

My theme has no “Home Page” ID number (URL only) could that be the problem? Where does widget “Home Page” selection get it’s value from?

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 9:31 am #46052

Most probably from the WordPress settings. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Settings -> General[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:00 pm #46092

I have deactivated plugins and tested many things but cannot find why this will not redirect as I need. Since I don’t code can you change the page ID of 43662 in the widget logout URL to 50097. That would solve the problem.

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 10:09 pm #46181

The widget’s interface doesn’t have where to enter that.

Do you only have the logout problem with the s2Member widget or when you logout some other way too?

Can you reproduce this behavior in a clean WP installation with just s2Member?

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 1:35 am #46188

This is my first website in wordpress, it took a lot of work to get here and to start over seems excessive for a logout redirect error. I purchased Pro to make it easier to incorporate a login widget into my website but this was not what I expected. I will get back to you.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:17 am #46189

I’m not asking that you start the website from scratch, when I said a clean WP installation I was talking about a new test one in another directory, as explained in the troubleshooting tips article I linked to earlier.

Basically, I’m trying to determine if you’re having the problem with just s2Member, because I couldn’t reproduce the behavior you mention in mine with just s2Member. I think there’s something else in your installation that’s causing this redirection on logout.

That’s also why I’m asking if you only have it with the logout link in the s2 widget or also with other logout links in the site, but you haven’t told me yet. Let me know please. :)

You can also submit your site’s info for me to take a look at it and try the logout. Let me know when you sent it, please. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.