latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Problem getting JW Player to work

Home Forums Community Forum Problem getting JW Player to work

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Matthew Edmonds 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 5th, 2013 at 5:50 pm #60887

We’re new to S2members Pro – converted from another subscription plugin – and are having trouble getting JW Player to work.

Our site has used JW Player for videos (download mode) for over 2 years, using Amazon S3 and Cloudfront (player is JW Player v6 plugin). We currently use PowerPress for audio. We would like to change to JW Player streaming for both audio and video for additional content protection.

We have configured S3 and Cloudfront in S2member and both appear to be working properly, since S2member auto created a cloudfront RTMP & Web distribution entry for our test audio file in S3.

But when I try to test by putting the shortcode in a page, I get only a blank page – no player on it.

First I tried just using the sample shortcode streaming audio with S3/Cloudfront:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="Demanufacturing_Consent_Episode_16.mp3" /]

That didn’t work – no player on the page – just a blank page

Then I read that because the plugin player doesn’t reside at root, but in a different folder, I need to change the “player_path”, which I did in this shortcode:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/wp-content/plugins/jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="Demanufacturing_Consent_Episode_16.mp3" /]

That didn’t work either – still no player – but I’m a little confused by the suggested path – I don’t see a “jwplayer” folder in the “jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress” folder. So maybe i still don’t have the proper player path?

Any help just to get started in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.