latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Problem Importing Files

Home Forums Community Forum Problem Importing Files

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:10 pm #47809

Hello. Purchased the Pro Version and like what we see as the potential for this application.

However spent most of the afternoon wrestling with import and now I’m resorting to asking for your help and hope there may be something I’ve overlooked.

I’ve got hundreds of records to import. Have several custom fields that I’ve setup, and wrestled with the double quotes all afternoon. Now that I’ve exhausted everything I’ve read to troubleshoot the project, my import shows the following errors.

Line #1. User ID# 254 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #2. User ID# 278 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #3. User ID# 287 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #4. User ID# 255 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #5. User ID# 4951 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #6. User ID# 271 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #7. User ID# 259 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #8. User ID# 262 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #9. User ID# 277 does NOT belong to an existing User.

Attached is my sample of the CSV I’m trying to import. At present, I only have five users in WordPress. I’m trying to import new users with new numbers. Why am I getting the prompt that the number doesn’t belong to an existing user? I know the user doesn’t exist…that’s why I’m trying to import new users.

Thanks for your feedback.

David

“ID”,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”contactnamemiddle”,”contactposition”,”companyname”,”companyaddress”,”companystate”,”companyCity”,”companyzip”,”companycountry”,”companyphone”,”companyfax”,”Website”,”access”,”trainingAccess”,”units”,”dmSignInCount”,”msdsSignInCount”,”trainingSignInCount”,”dmReferalId”,”lastSignIn”,”registered_date”
254,”gbarefoot@strongwell.com”,”flonnie”,”Glenn”,”Barefoot”,,,”Preston”,”Corporate Marketing Manager”,”Strongwell”,”400 Commonwealth Avenue”,”VA”,”Bristol”,24201,”USA”,”276-645-8052″,”276-645-8132″,”www.strongwell.com”,”guest”,”NULL”,”metric”,571,1,0,1,56:26.4,00:00.0

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 12:29 am #47856
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Why am I getting the prompt that the number doesn’t belong to an existing user? I know the user doesn’t exist…that’s why I’m trying to import new users.

s2Member creates a User ID for new Users via Import. If you provide an ID, s2Member will look for an existing User. When you’re importing new Users you should omit this field.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.