latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Problem with paypal Pro and s2members pro

Home Forums Community Forum Problem with paypal Pro and s2members pro

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:32 pm #8945

Hi all,

I have an issue with the paypal pro feature in the s2members pro version. Because I already have a shopping cart using paypal pro, and it redirects after the sale has been made, I can’t make it do the same for s2members, because I can’t interfear with the shopping cart.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:20 pm #8984

Hi Laura.

You can specify the return URL using the success attribute in your shortcode.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Also, here’s a bit from the documentation:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration[/hilite]

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default Auto-Return/PDT configuration inside your PayPal® account, the Auto-Return URL is also set on a per-transaction basis from within the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the Auto-Return URL for each transaction. The result is that the Auto-Return URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis.

*PayPal® Pro Tip* The tip above, is ALSO true for PayPal® Pro integration. There are no conflicts with Auto-Return/PDT.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:39 pm #9121

OK, I am totally confused.

On this same page it says this:

Account Profile -> Website Payment Preferences

Turn the Auto-Return feature: On

You'll need your Auto-Return URL, which is:
http://main.yogacalmkids.com/orlando/?s2member_paypal_return=1

You MUST also enable PDT ( Payment Data Transfer ): On
You'll be issued an Identity Token that you MUST enter below.

if I do enable a payment data transfer, won’t that mess up my shop?

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:10 pm #9147

Right, the Payment Data Transfer is important so it informs s2Member. The Auto-Return can be configured as a default in the PayPal account, but it’s still set on a transaction basis as explained in the quote I posted earlier.

Does that help?

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:25 pm #9151

Thanks. That appears to have worked.

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:56 pm #9152

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.