latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Problem with protected dowloads

Home Forums Community Forum Problem with protected dowloads

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  hbgi 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 11:45 am #5373

Hello,
I have a problem with s2member plugin.
I have installed and test the installation on a test environment and everything worked fine.
When I upload my website on hosting server (godaddy) I’m facing the following problem. When a member tries to download a file (all the hosting files are videos aprox. 500MB each) the download starts but stops after 200-380MB and it is random the point that stops.

I have upload the php.ini file on the hosting server and I already test if it is working (phpinfo) and is working perfect.

The problem is with s2member plugin because when I move the file outside protected folder the download complete correctly

Can anyone help me?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:31 am #5576

Hello!!!!

Can anyone help me?

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:31 am #6113
hbgi
Username: hbgi

Hi there Pavlos,

I had a problem protecting downloads and fixed it with a change in the code.

Click link below for that post:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/problems-protecting-downloads/

I would also recommend you don\’t use GoDaddy for your hosting. Just my opinion. I think HostGator and Bluehost do a much better job, with HostGator being my first choice. That might solve your problems. I use Bluehost for the site I have S2Member on, and the code changes that were recommended did the trick.

Hope that helps. Good luck,

Joanne

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 11:45 am #6123

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your reply. When I say that I\’m using godadyy I\’m getting the same answer!!
By the way, the link you have in your post is not working, could you write it again?

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:06 pm #6131
hbgi
Username: hbgi

Hmm…here is the link again….I just checked and it should work.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/problems-protecting-downloads/

If not, click on my avatar to see my profile and I think you will see \”Topics I\’ve started\” you can find it under there.

It ended up being an easy fix.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.