latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Product price can easily be changed to 0.01!

Home Forums Community Forum Product price can easily be changed to 0.01!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 2:46 am #50248

One of my readers has contacted me to let me know that he could easily hack my sales page to make the price $0.01 instead of $97, and confirmed by signing up for an account fine after that.

He said that how he did this would perhaps be beyond me with my programming skills, but he said he can get in touch with you at s2member if you like. He implied that s2member is far too automatic and that a check needs to be in place to confirm the price is paid.

I know he’s not making it up because he bought the product several times at 0.01 and logged in fine. I would hope you would work with him to solve this issue so that the coding is more secure, so let me know an email I can pass on to him, or let me know if it’s my own site in some way, or a setting I haven’t enabled.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:16 am #50348
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

It sounds like you’re using PayPal Buttons without Encryption on. You can turn this on in your PayPal Account, and here, then you won’t have this problem:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -> Enable Button Encryption?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.