latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Profile Picture or Avatar

Home Forums Community Forum Profile Picture or Avatar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Landowne 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #4666

I’d like the users to be able to upload a picture when they edit their profile.

Does s2member allow for this? If so, how? If not, what can be done?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #4760
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

To my knowledge wordpress does not have this function natively. Neither does S2Member.

The S2Member registration/profile custom field generator does not have the option of file uploading either.

Therefore, you would need to find another plugin that will handle that piece of the profile creation or code a plugin yourself (or have someone do it) that hooks into the profile form without messing up your s2member form fields.

Dave

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #4770

Thanks for responding. Since writing I realized I could use the WordPress default profile editing panel and another plugin, for example Simple Local Avatars, and sort of solve my issue. I had taken s2Members advice to redirect members away from the WP default and use the s2Member profile editor, which seemed to have advantages. However my members want to be able to upload avatars so I’ve switched back.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.