latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Proform Level 1 saving as wp_user_level 0

Home Forums Community Forum Proform Level 1 saving as wp_user_level 0

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Tammy A 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 2:07 pm #52137
Tammy A
Username: tammyaudette

Hello

My site has two levels, level 0 for free subscribers and level 1 for premium subscribers.

I installed and used successfully the proform for level 1:

<p style="text-align: center">[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$99 CAD / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="CAD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mysite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="Y" ra="99" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]</p>

This worked without issue, I saw the pmt, got notification and was properly forwarded to a confirmation page. But upon reviewing the user_meta table in my Wp database, the user was setup as a level 0.

I thought the above code snippet

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1"

would ensure that the level was properly saved but it wasn’t.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Thanks!

Tammy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 5:19 pm #52149
Tammy A

This is urgent, I am launching tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas? I’m desperate.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 5:26 am #52176
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Whenever this happens it’s normally due to an incorrect setup of the PayPal IPN. Do you have logging enabled?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Try turning logging on and check your paypal-ipn.log file after running a test transaction. If there is no paypal-ipn.log file created then s2Member is not getting any data from PayPal at all and you should check your settings at PayPal. Otherwise s2Member should show you information on what’s going wrong there.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 8:35 am #52209
Tammy A

HI Bruce

Thanks for your help. I am still having this issue, the log file says the level is 1 but the user_meta table stores a zero.

Maybe I am not reading the log file correctly?

Here are some screenshots:

Not sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Tammy

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:49 pm #52234
Bruce
Staff Member

Here are some screenshots:

Your screenshots didn’t come through.

It would be great if we could get a Dashboard login to take a look. Could you send us one here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let us know when you do that.

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:05 pm #52354
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received.

I’m taking a look now.

It looks like the Dashboard and FTP logins have been changed. We’ll need to be able to log in to diagnose the issue. Could you give us the updated logins?

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:08 pm #52355
Tammy A

That was 2 days ago, I couldn’t wait on this for a response as I wasnt sure I’d get one and time was of the essence.

Had to take an alternate approach and workaround.

Thanks, have a good night.

Tammy

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:11 pm #52358
Bruce
Staff Member

That was 2 days ago, I couldn’t wait on this for a response as I wasnt sure I’d get one and time was of the essence.

I see. Well in the future you can get a quicker response by letting us know you sent the details here in the forums. We don’t normally check private contact submissions unless we’re looking for them. I only just noticed that you submitted this.

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:16 pm #52360
Tammy A

Um…you are suggesting that the lack of a reasonable response time on this request was due to me not telling you to check your private contact form submissions? The one that you told me to fill out and gave me the link too? Okay, wow.

I think we should just close this thread, as I said previously, have a good night.

Tammy

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.