latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ProForms Modification Showing Register Fields

Home Forums Community Forum ProForms Modification Showing Register Fields

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 9:12 pm #10828

I’ve seen various combinations of this question, but nothing exactly like this, so I thought I’d start a new thread.

Preface: I have free members that I want to have fill out the full registration form. No problem. When they upgrade I need them to just pay and be done.

I’m using modification forms to upgrade to level 1, 2 and 3, but when I use the modification form shortcode, it shows the full registration form (ie, create a new profile). I’ve tried separate upgrade forms, and modification forms, and they all show “Create New Profile” to a free member.

You can see my situation at http://www.cheapochurch.com/new-registration. They register free, then upgrade, but I don’t want them re-registering when they upgrade.

Please let me know if this rings a bell. Thanks for your advice!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:00 pm #10901

I could also add that you can test this occurence with these credentials

USER: test
PASS: testuser

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:33 pm #10960
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Have you tried just using a subscription modification button instead of a form?

s2member->paypal buttons->Paypal Subscr Modification buttons

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:42 pm #10962
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jordan, thank-you for your inquiry!

You need to set up a Pro Form for Upgrades from Free Users to s2Member Level 1.

You can find these forms under Dashboard -> s2Member -> PayPal® Pro-Forms -> PayPal® Pro Billing Modification Forms.

It may also be wise to set up your Membership Options Page to detect whether or not the user is logged in, and whether or not they are a premium subscriber.

You can learn about how to do this in your dashboard under Dashboard -> s2Member -> API/Scripting -> Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Using shortcodes, you can detect whether the user viewing the page is already signed in, and if they are s2Member Level 1 already. You could do something like this:

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
    The regular PayPal® Pro Form you are currently using
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level0)]
    The upgrade Pro Form
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
    You're already a premium user. You don't need to upgrade.
[/s2If]

I hope that helps!

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:02 pm #10963

Bruce and Dave,

Thanks for the attention on this thread.
Re: Dave, The reason I upgraded to pro was so a user could pay directly on my site without clicking a button and being directed to Paypal, I’d like for them to stay on my site (pretty much the biggest ‘pro’ of the S2Member upgrade).

Re: Bruce, I’m already using the Paypal modification forms… that’s the problem. The modification form is actually showing the fields for a user to start a new profile, followed by the billing choices… as seen here:
http://cheapochurch.com/new-registration/

I have the “New registration” form, and further down the page is the option to upgrade later. As of now, a user is forced to start another account before getting to the billing section of the upgrade. Take a look at the link, you’ll see what I mean. When a user wants to upgrade, I don’t want them creating a new profile, they should just go straight to billing.

Hope that makes sense, I appreciate your help.
Jordan

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:22 pm #10964
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jordan, thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry for this issue.

The problem is caused by a known limitation with the Pro Forms in that you can only have 1 Pro Form per page. This is caused by the fact that forms share the same input IDs. You will need to simply link to the forms in separate pages, and that should solve you problem.

I hope this helps.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 1:08 pm #11018

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the advice. I implemented the changes, and it works like a charm!

My last related question: Do I HAVE to have a Paypal pro account to have members pay on my site? I was reading into the small print, and apparently you should be able to have an express account and remove the other payment options besides “paypal” in the shortcode, and still allow users to pay on the site.

At least initially, I’m trying to avoid the $30 a month fee for the Pro account by using express. Is it possible to have them remain on my site while using express?

Thanks again!
Jordan

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 1:12 pm #11019
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately, PayPal requires you to send the data to its servers and have the user confirm the changes on their side without PayPal Pro. s2Member has tried to keep all of the data input on your side to keep it as simple as possible on PayPal, but to keep the user on your site completely, you will need to get PayPal Pro.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.