latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ProForms… password field issue

Home Forums Community Forum ProForms… password field issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:27 am #23023
Synergy WP
Username: synergywp

Hello…
I’ve reconfigured my site with Proforms for free and paid signups.

When I make the option to not allow user to enter in a password, the fields are still there. Is this because a general form for ProForms needs an email for PayPal? I enter in a password, which is fine, and get an email with randomly generated password, which is fine. But the fields are still there. Is this on purpose?

Also, is there anyway to make s2member aware of a login page, i.e. /login/ as opposed to always using wp-login.php?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 8:05 am #23110

Hi there.

Could you show me your page with the pro-form? You may be having a JavaScript problem that’s preventing the fields from being removed.

You can test changing to the default theme, or deactivating the other plugins, and see if the problem went away. Then start bringing back the theme and plugins one by one, checking after each to see which brings the problem back.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 8:07 am #23111

Also, is there anyway to make s2member aware of a login page, i.e. /login/ as opposed to always using wp-login.php?

You could create a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file, so that /wp-login.php redirects to /login/, I guess, but make sure the lost password page is still reachable, because there’s nothing replacing it.

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 11:25 am #23118
Synergy WP
Username: synergywp

Thanks for both replies. I will use both.

I found the culprit, and I am going to suggest that maybe you guys look into a work around, as it’s a primary integration feature of your plugin…

Atleast for my setup, it was the “BP Template Pack” plugin… You know, the plugin they ask you to download that copies over template files making your theme BP compatible. It appears to be something with the JS/AJAX features, because when I actually check the option to “Disable BP Template Pack JS / AJAX” then the password check works for s2.

Also, I just tried the redirect for the wp-login.php… The password reset feature works fine, only issue is that if I use a login widget, and click “Log Me In” it must somehow pass something to wp-login.php and not let me login. I was locked out of my site for a moment.

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 7:18 am #23164

I’m glad you found the conflicting plugin. Thanks, I took note of it. :)

About the redirection making the widget not work, I had not counted on that, but you may be right. Then you could try a JS redirect in wp-login.php. Try adding it from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design -> Footer[/hilite], with a condition so it only redirects if it’s for login, not for registration (unless you’re using a pro-form for that) or the lost password recovery tool.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.