latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protect & Serve inline html with html5 & swf

Home Forums Community Forum Protect & Serve inline html with html5 & swf

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 5:29 pm #44426
BeeCee
Username: barnar

Hi, I purchased S2Member Pro with the aim of serving and protecting digital magazines and I seem to have run up against a problem as described by Quebro Quebro in this post:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/protect-html-file-which-embeds-swf/#post-23760

In short, when placed in the protected /wp-content/plugins/s2-member-files/ folder, the index.html files will not correctly render pages which included swf or the alternative html5 content. Instead I get a blank page however the page appears to completely load because I can access the source code.

After searching for answer here and in the code, I am concluding that this may be due to the fact that the index.html files contain references to external files ie; in the head of a few files are meta tags referring to: “http://ogpp.me” an external .css file and googleapis.com.

I am hoping someone can assist with two questions.. 1) Are the external references the root of the problem and 2) Can S2Member be configured to bypass restrictions on pre-defined external files and/or domains?

BTW, I am able to load everything just fine outside of the protected area.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:14 am #44601

In short, when placed in the protected /wp-content/plugins/s2-member-files/ folder, the index.html files will not correctly render pages which included swf or the alternative html5 content. Instead I get a blank page however the page appears to completely load because I can access the source code.

That’d be because every file you place in the protected folder will be protected. It seems that in index.html, the URLs of all the other protected files will need to have a download key to load them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions[/hilite]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.