latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protected Content Access Issue

Home Forums Community Forum Protected Content Access Issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 4:20 pm #43719
Ken Moody
Username: kenmoody

I first discussed this issue some time ago ( http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/protected-page-redirect-issues/ ) but was never able to find a resolution to the problem.

Over the last couple months I have found a “fix” for this that seems to work pretty effectively, but I still run into this issue with a handful of users. As we are running into our renewal period, I would very much like to resolve this before I am potentially inundated with support requests.

To summarize the previous post, occasionally a user will encounter certain S2member protected pages which they cannot access. They click on a link ot the protected page but they are redirected to the subscription sign-up form. Some pages work fine, others do not, and there does not appear to be any pattern to which pages do and do not allow access.

A so-far bulletproof fix for this has been to have the use reset their password (in wordpress) and clear their cache. In nearly every case this has permanently fixed the issue.

I would love to determine the oot cause of this issue. I am hoping we can re-open this case, and that this additional info might help point to a resolution.

Thank you,

Ken

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:57 am #43863

Hi Ken.

Do you have object or database caching enabled? These are known to cause trouble.

You can try the suggestions in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips.

Some pages work fine, others do not, and there does not appear to be any pattern to which pages do and do not allow access.

So there are protected pages that the user doesn’t have enough access for and still don’t redirect him to the Membership Options Page? Could you give a step-by-step to reproduce it?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.