latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protected downloads

Home Forums Community Forum Protected downloads

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:07 am #9184
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, is it possible to upload files to the protected folder /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files via the admin? I’m creating a website for a client and this would be much easier than sorting it out via FTP.

Cheers :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:19 am #9188

Yes in wordpress under settings>media settings>Uploading Files

Just change wp-content/uploads to wp-content/plugins/s2member-files under ‘Store uploads in this folder’ and untick ‘Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders’

Not sure what would happen to existing content uploaded that way though

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Philly.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Philly.
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 9:26 am #9213
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Epix, thanks for your inquiry.

you can do it as Philly suggested above, or you can use a plugin for s2Member by another user, which has the same functionality that you’re looking for:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15725&p=50548

This is in the old forums. Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:57 am #9344
Epix Media

Wonderful! Eduan – does that plugin allow you to choose whether your uploading to the regular uploads folder OR the s2member secure folder?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:28 pm #9347
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

I believe this plugin is specifically for the s2Member protected downloads folder.

From what I understand, it simply allows you to upload the file to the s2Member protected downloads folder and gives you the shortcode necessary to put a protected download link to that file.

I haven’t really tried it, so you’ll have to see for yourself.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:37 pm #9348
Epix Media

Hi Eduan, I’ve installed it and it gives you an extra button next to the usual upload/insert image button when editing a post or page! Pretty cool!

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:44 pm #9350
Eduan

You’re welcome Epix!

Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:14 pm #10532

Hi guys,

I’m having some issues with this plugin. I Installed the plugin, and I saw the video on how to use it, but the guy in the video has a different interface than the one I have. I have s2member pro installed, and I just find were to acces the plugin. I Looked in download options and it is there.

I appreciate the help.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:48 am #10551
Eduan

Hello Gian, thanks for your inquiry.

Which video are you talking about currently? Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.