latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

protected post shows in categories

Home Forums Community Forum protected post shows in categories

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  John Griffiths 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:20 pm #44554

-> UPDATE EDIT: I now see that the problem i report below is expected behaviour. It was NOT expected by me though. A protected post _should_ be a protected post. Grrrrrrrr.
As a work-around, I have tried using the shortcode protections ….

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level3)]
stuff here
[/s2If]

… and that seems to work.

END UpdateEdit <-

I am just getting started with using s2member and something seems wrong with the protection of posts.

1) I added a new member and gave it Member1 level
2) I added a post and set the protect level to Member3 and above. The post was set be of Category "Food"
3) If I login as the user with level1, and select the Category "Food" from the Categories list in sidebar, I can see the protected post, which should only be available to Leve3 and above.
4) If I click on the post header (permalink) , it then will not show the post, but redirects to the MemberJoin page.

Should not the post be hidden from the Level1 users if it is set to level3 and above?
I don't want to protect all the posts in the FOOD category, only some as designated when I set their minimum level.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.