latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protected posts not visible on main page

Home Forums Community Forum Protected posts not visible on main page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 24th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #9013
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

Up until now, our members have been able to view all posts, both protected (by category) and non-protected in a single “stream” on the main page of the site. Non-members would only see the non-protected posts.

I noticed today, and I don’t know when it changed, that protected posts are no longer appearing on the main page. Now you HAVE to click on the protected category name to view the member content. We haven’t changed anything. No new plugins, nothing. This is a HUGE problem because our members now think they are not getting any new content. The don’t know to filter the category because they’ve never had to.

Update: I was wrong on one point, but bear with me…this is very strange. We have been using the WP E-Commerce plugin, but no longer. Today I deactivated it. I did not uninstall it. On a whim, I reactivated it, and the problem above was fixed. So it does have to do with a conflict, but the problem occurs when the WP E-Commerce plugin is OFF, not when it is ON.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Lee Keels.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Lee Keels.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:54 am #9031

Hi Lee.

Wow, that’s strange…

Could you show me a screenshot of your Alt Views setting?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection[/hilite]

Thanks.

Does this happen with the default theme too? I wonder if the theme you’re using plays a part in this…

Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:15 pm #9061
Lee Keels

Here’s the screenshot. I haven’t tried changing the theme. Honestly, the thought of messing with the theme terrifies me, for fear of messing it up. We use Atahualpa.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Lee Keels.
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #9078

Yeah, I understand what you mean about the theme.

The settings look fine.

Please watch this video and tell me if it helps:

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:38 pm #9310
Lee Keels

Unfortunately, that didn’t really have any bearing. Everything was working fine until I disabled WP E-Commerce. I’m curious if removing that plugin entirely would have the same result.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:47 pm #9324

I don’t really know.

The best way to know would be to have s2Member only, using the default theme, and then adding the other plugins one by one, monitoring when the odd behavior starts.

I know that s2Member on its own behaves the way you want it to behave, as it should, so the weird behavior is added by something else.

Plugin conflicts are an unpredictable thing. Normally the plugin conflict would cause something to not work, not the other way around. What could be the case here is that another plugin is causing it to not work and then the WP E-Commerce one causing that one a conflict too, making the odd behavior to go away. I don’t know, just guessing.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.