latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protecting a file from download, but not from

Home Forums Community Forum Protecting a file from download, but not from

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 4:05 pm #15080

Hi.. I wanna use s2member to allow my level 1 members to acces a page where I have some flash videos and some flash “flipbooks”. I want them to see this information (after the registration) but I want to be sure no one could download the files…. I tried putting the files of the flash video and flipbook into the s2member protected files directory, but this doesn’t allow people to see the flash components from the web page, even being logged in.

Any idea??

thanks!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 3:57 am #15132

Hi Nicolas.

You can protect video files with s2Member and open them with a player. Try using the mod-rewrite format for the URL, since the one with the querystring is not liked by some players. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage[/hilite]

Also, check that you have those file extensions in your inline file extensions list: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Inline File Extensions[/hilite]

I don’t know about flipbooks, haven’t used them, but if it’s a kind of “player” for text files, then I guess it’d be similar.

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.