latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protecting bbpress content

Home Forums Community Forum Protecting bbpress content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:34 am #19823
seamsite
Username: nomadznet

I’ve been testing out bbpress access restrictions and seem to have some issues when it comes to search results.
I’m using the Relevanssi plugin which allows me to include a special php function in my theme functions.php to include the indexing of bbpress posts and replies.

At first, the search returned all sorts of protected content to users who weren’t logged in but could access content inside bbpress forums that were supposed to be locked down. I then read in your help files that you don’t automatically lock down topics but that these need URI restrictions on top of the post restrictions set within the bbpress forums themselves. Is that correct? If so, it’s confusing, as I thought I was good to go. What type of URI restrictions do I need – something like this: /topic/ ? Trouble is, some forums are for level zero and some for level 1.

Anyways, I finally saw the s2Member check-box to pre-filter all search queries.

Okay… I think that I have managed to hide protected posts from searches… but this isn’t working with replies to those posts! Argh.

I must admit, it’s very confusing with all these settings. I wish that everything for bbpress was in one place, so I can adequately lock it down.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 6:31 am #19881

Yeah, the bbPress integration is not very advanced and still needs more work.

About the search results, are they now not showing results for content the the user doesn’t have access to? If they still do after your change in the Alt View Restriction setting, then try using the query conditional on them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced Query Conditionals[/hilite]

About restricting access to threads in boards of different levels, the URI restriction would work if you can edit their permalinks to have some indicator of what board the thread is in, like: /community/thread-subject or /customers/thread-subject, then you can restrict /community/ at level 0 and /customers/ at level 1.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.