latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protecting Pro Plugins, must like you do here

Home Forums Community Forum Protecting Pro Plugins, must like you do here

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 5:36 am #50433

Hello all-

I’m a long time user of s2Member. Mainly for my personal site, as clients don’t seem to have what it takes to use the membership properly.

My newest venture has been embarking on creating WP plugins, of which we have 2 free versions published in the WP directory. Our plan is to mimic your model, and that of other plugins with pro features, and offer pro upgrades in the form of an addon.

Now I know that when I bought my single site license of s2MPro, I had to register it here under my account. I do not recall if I had to enter my account information to activate the Pro addon on my website.

Is this an s2Member protection feature, and if so, how can I use it to protect the pro licenses of my own plugins, in a similar fashion that you have done.

I now have the unlimited license, but I did install the Pro Addon on other sites before I upgrade from the single license. And it worked. So how is it that you enforce the license.

I know of a couple of platforms like OptimizePress and Wishlist Member that use a similar for of registering a domain and then entering a code to activate the plugin. that’s what I’m trying to do.

While we will have free versions of all of our plugins, I would like to protect the USAGE (I know how to protect the download of the files), the actual activation and usage of the Pro Addon. I’m hoping this is a custom capabilities function that can be coded. s2Member is soooo powerful and in depth, that I don’t know all of its possibilities .

So Please advise.

Always My Best,

Johnny

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 6:04 pm #50475

Thanks for the kudos, Johnny.

No, s2Member doesn’t restrict/protect other plugins, only content on the front side of WordPress (pages/posts).

We are currently not requiring the user to activate with a key to use s2Member Pro on a site, and it doesn’t check if it’s the single site you entered in your profile here or not. That’s why you could use it in other sites before upgrading the license. We may change this in the future if we see it needed, though.

Does that answer your question?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.