latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protecting/Granting User generated content

Home Forums Community Forum Protecting/Granting User generated content

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 19th, 2013 at 4:34 pm #62048

My website generates a PDF based on user input.

They preview the PDF with a watermark on it.

They like it, and then purchase the PDF, and it get’s mailed to them, or they can go to a page and download it.

Please explain the workflow of keeping the USER entered variables, connected to them, while they go through the payment process, and then the eventual return.

I understand that there is an email sent to the user, and or a redirect after payment is completed.

But, there has to be some sort of mechanism, or a TX_id, to link the user before and after payment. That’s the part that is unclear. I can create it, I just don’t know where to put it, and then where to retrieve it, after payment. to give the user what they need.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:29 am #62121
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Without going into detail about how you have it all set up, I would suggest adding a custom capability that is auto generated when the button is loaded. You may have to create your own button shortcode to add it.

Then, use one of the processing hooks or however you have it set up for downloading and check for the correct ccap.

That’s very general but I hope it points you in the right direction.

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Dec 24th, 2013 at 8:29 pm #62129

Hey David,

Thanks so much for your response. So, right now, I do have it working, without S2Member, but, I want to integrate you guys. Especially to allow other payment methods.. and Mailchimp stuff.. plus, whatever else you come up with

And, I don’t mind editing code, I just want to minimize changing it, so that I don’t have to change it everytime you have an update..

Is that what you’re talking about when you say “hooks”?? and what is CCAP?

Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 11:57 am #62199
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

S2Member has 100’s of “hooks” all throughout their code.

A Hook is basically a function that looks for “extra” code written by other plugins or hack files to run at certain points.

For example:

hook before running process

run process

hook after running process

So, by using the standard wordpress action hook process, you can add / change functionality of other plugins without messing with the source code, but rather by hooking into it where necessary (and allowed).

This will get you started learning about hooks: http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference
This is where you can find a huge list of available S2member hooks: http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/overview-summary/#src_doc_overview_description

CCAPs was just an abbreviation of Custom Capabilities.

Dave

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.