latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Puchase without registration

Home Forums Community Forum Puchase without registration

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:35 am #24125
Max
Username: masterok

Hello,
I have my s2member setup and i have created paypal button, as well as membership page. Open registrations are open. I protected one page with Level 1. So i logged out from admin. when i click protected page i got asked to sign up, so i signed up, payment went through, and i got redirected to my website. But still no access to that page, so i went to create a new user and that user did not get awarded new membership level. can you please explain how to properly configure this? very confusing.

How can i have it so if the customer is not a member or loggedin before payment it will ask to register or login?
Thank you.

EDIT2: So after playing around i think i know what i need to accomplish this. i need a protected page to check if the user is registered or logged in and if not redirect to registration/login page. But if ye redirect to membership options. i will appreciate some thoughts on this topic since right now it doesn’t make sense why its not doing this. I would think this would be a logical way?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Max.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Max.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 5:55 am #24272
Max
Username: masterok

Hello? Can someone explain why is this setup this way? that a user can pay and get nothing?

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 10:01 am #24322
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Maksym,

But still no access to that page, so i went to create a new user and that user did not get awarded new membership level.

The user is not logged in automatically, so once the account is created you have to actually login as the user in question.

Also, when creating the user, did you specify a role, if you did, did you specify it as “s2Member level 1” or higher?

How can i have it so if the customer is not a member or loggedin before payment it will ask to register or login?
Thank you.

That is already accomplished with the membership options page, as long as the page where the user is gonna pay is protected with a level of 0, so that the user has to register before paying, even if registering for free.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.