latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Purchase Different Access on One S2 Level?

Home Forums Community Forum Purchase Different Access on One S2 Level?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 6:36 pm #38720
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

I want to implement the following scenario:

A prospect wishes to buy “Product A” for a one-time amount. Product A is a set of videos. I want the prospect to have never-ending access to these videos.

I would like this purchase to look like an access to s2Member Level 1 with custom capability ‘product_a’.

Another prospect wishes to buy “Product B” for a one time-amount. Product B is also a set of videos. I want the prospect to have never-ending access to these videos.

I would like this purchase to look like an access to s2Member Level 1 with custom capability ‘product_b’.

Either of these members should be able to then purchase other products, which should simply update their custom capabilities to include whatever products they have purchased. There’s no EOT concerns in this scenario.

I have s2Member Pro, so the number of levels is not an issue. However, I don’t want to use levels for different purchases because getting the product on Level 4 would then grant access to products in Levels 1-3. All of these products are at the same “level” – just different “capabilities”.

I don’t want to use Pro Forms because we don’t have PayPal Pro – this is kind of our trial balloon, so I want to be able to do this all within PayPal Standard, with buttons.

What’s the best or approach to doing this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 9:41 am #38953
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Wow, I could have sworn this was not there a couple days ago, but I found the answer when I went to actually create a button. There is a non-recurring payment option for the button code, AND it accepts the setting of custom capabilities.

In the words of Emily Litella: Never Mind!

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm #39182
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for.

Please let us know if problems persist. :-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.