latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

purchase success

Home Forums Community Forum purchase success

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 7:17 pm #45577
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

How do I make it where if they register an account on the success page, where they are sent to, it disables the link emailed to them, so that way they cannot create 2 accounts?

But if they do not create it from the success page, then they can from the email, but if they click the register an account button on the success page and click the link in the email and open two register forms, once they register on one of them, disable the second one, allowing only one account?

Thanks,
Richard

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:46 am #45724

Hi Richard.

It will only work to create one account. Have you tried it?

To test it, first log out of your admin account, do the test purchase, register after returning to site, and then try registering with the link in the Signup Confirmation email.

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 7:36 am #46128
Damian Jones

Ok, I tested it. I used Opera to place the order and created the account on the receipt page, where it said account approved, to create it.

Then went into the email where it sent the email and said I can create another email and I clicked that and it opened in my default browser of Firefox, created another account with different info and it worked, took me to my oto page that is there upon the first login…

So it did let me create two accounts with the one purchase.

I purchased the OTO in Opera on the main account, so when I created the account via email in Firefox, it did not have access to the OTO, but did have access to the main system…

anyhow, how do I make it show, when they click the link, that the account was already created?

Thanks,
Richard

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 8:25 pm #46174

where it said account approved, to create it.

That says it was approved, not that the account was created. Did you then go to register an account before registering a second one with the link in the email? Do you have two registered accounts from this transaction in the Users list? [hilite mono]WP Admin -> Users[/hilite]

Could you give me a step by step of what you did and send me the site’s info? I’ll try to reproduce it to see what’s happening. Let me know when you sent it. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 12:12 am #46244
Damian Jones

I created a test card in clickbank

went to Opera Browser, Where i was not logged in, and ordered the main package,
it took me to the success page, then I created the account, went to the email clicked the link which opened in Firefox and let me create a second account.

that is the steps I took.

(In opera, after I created the account, it took me to the OTO that it does the first time someone logs in…)

Ok, I checked users, for some reason, the Subscription id, which is the Clickbank receipt, is different. Upon investigation, the first account created, has the main receipt, the second has the oto receipt id…

and the crazy thing is, that the second login, with the oto receipt, has access to both, the main account with the original order receipt, has access only to the main package.

I will go create the private info now… so you can reproduce…

(I did do it again, this time, I went to the link, in the email, after I created the account and logged out, in the same browser and it said that the link expired, but it was in the same browser. The problem I had, was in two browsers)

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 12:41 am #46252

Thanks for explaining it. I still am not sure, but I have a better idea of what you have happening.

When Open Registrations are disabled, s2Member will alllow registrations in two cases: the browser has a cookie set by s2Member after return from checkout, or the user used the special link sent in the Signup Confirmation.

I’ve had this weird behavior in my tests before, where I could register although registrations were closed and I hadn’t purchased. The reason, I found after investigating, was that I had an old cookie set in the browser from an old test and that I never registered an account with after checkout. The solution was to clean the cookies for the domain and then the behavior was normal. Could you try this?

The OTO purchase would not set a new cookie because the user is logged in when the page with the button/pro-form is loaded, so his user account will be referenced and it wouldn’t go towards a new signup.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.