latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Purchased 24 hours ago, would like refund

Home Forums Community Forum Purchased 24 hours ago, would like refund

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Gina Crosley-Corcoran 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 10:47 pm #42227

I just purchased this product last night. My webmaster and I have been working all day to try to get transferred over from my existing plugin (WP-MEMBER) and I’m not happy at all with this product. I read all the documentation before hand and it made the import process sound much smoother than it actually is. I’ll have to manually update thousands of fields and I simply cannot afford the amount of money it would require for my webmaster to get this installed. May I please have a refund?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:50 am #42262
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Gina,

I would be happy to provide a refund, however that is not decided by me. :)

Just some questions so that Jason can judge if the refund is valid:

What are you encountering problems with? In the process of importation/exportation, what is turning out to be not what was promoted?

Have you asked for help from us in order to help you resolve this issue?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 2:33 pm #42309

After my webmaster installed the program, she followed the steps listed here to import my existing subscribers: http://www.s2member.com/kb/how-to-migrate-to-s2member-pro-from-other-software/

That’s when she discovered that there was no automatic process for importing most of the information about my subscribers. She manually created a text file so that we could manually copy/paste all the user data from my existing system but we realized that was going to be a massive nightmare that would take weeks and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in billing hours to accomplish. I specifically looked for a program that would allow an import feature, and I purchased the Pro version of this software because it said it could accomplish this. I had no way of knowing until we opened the tool that, while there is an import feature, it requires manual data entry of thousands of fields of information (along with the high rate of error that accompanies any manual data entry.)

I don’t think this is something your support team can resolve, unless you have a way to automatically pull all the subscriber info from my existing software to import into the new system. Again, I did not realize how this import would occur until my webmaster was able to get into the back end and follow the import instructions.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:21 am #42421
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m very sorry to hear that. However, we ask that you please review our terms/conditions, regarding our refund policy on digital goods. Reference: http://www.s2member.com/terms/#s2-terms-refund-policy

We will only consider a refund for digital goods (within the first 30 days), and only if the product failed to perform as advertised on our website. A change in business plans does not warrant a refund against a digital non-tangible item that you’ve already gained access to. I’m sorry.

Note: importing Users/Members from any system, to any system; would require correct formatting; regardless of which software you choose. What system have you chosen that does this without requiring you to import a file with a certain structure? Thanks for feedback~!

Possible solution for you.

If you have access to the database from the old site, you might consider a MySQL approach directly, instead of working with import files. If your developer can import data via MySQL queries (very common); you can bypass any limitations in the s2Member software or WordPress® itself; and go straight to the database with your data.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:28 am #42425

“only if the product failed to perform as advertised on our website.”

The product DID fail to perform as advertised on the website. The Pro version specifically listed that there would be an easy importation process from old software, but upon further inspection (inspection that could only be done upon gaining access to the plugin) the import process is an expensive nightmare. I ONLY purchased the Pro version because of what you listed that it could do, and that’s not what it does. If the tool had explained that there would be a massive manual data entry process involved, or that I’d have to pay my webmaster to create MySQL solutions, I never would have bought it. It is not performing as advertised at all.

What is the point of keeping my money and having one more extremely unhappy customer out there? You realize that most people purchasing this tool, myself included, probably have a very large online social media presence, yes? Customer service is a good idea.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:41 am #42429
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

If you can answer the following question and explain what you thought was going to happen, I would appreciate it; and would certainly consider a refund if I can understand what you actually were thinking beforehand. What was your intention when you were considering importation? How did you think this was going to work? Did you inspect screenshots of the import panel before purchasing?

Note: importing Users/Members from any system, to any system; would require correct formatting; regardless of which software you choose. What system have you chosen that does this without requiring you to import a file with a certain structure? Thanks for feedback~!
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:49 am #42431

I looked at the comparison and it said the Pro version “Supports User/Member importation via comma-separated value files (CSV).”

Then I looked at the screenshots for the site and it only showed one where it took just one button to move members from one platform to another.

Then I viewed the Pre-sale FAQs that stated:

Can I import Users/Members from software I was using previously? Yes, this requires s2Member® Pro. s2Member® Pro comes with a very powerful set of import/export tools, which allow you to import usernames, passwords, email addresses, and more. Supporting “ID”,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”Website”,”Level[0-9]+ or Role ID”,”Custom Capabilities”,”Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )”,”First Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )”,”Last Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )”,”Auto-EOT Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )”,”Custom Value ( starts w/domain )”,”Paid Subscr. ID”,”Paid Subscr. Gateway”,”Custom Field ID #1″,”Custom Field Value #1″,”Custom Field ID #2″,”Custom Field Value #2″, …

This left both me AND my webmaster (who I asked to review the tool prior to purchase) with the impression that your software would make the import process a smooth transition from the old tool. It wasn’t until my webmaster used your tool to create the csv file (as listed in your instructions) that we discovered there was no actual way to port the payment data from my old tool to the new one. The description on your website left us with the very clear impression that a smooth port would be possible, but it’s simply not.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:18 am #42438
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

I see. Payment data is a problem. Thank you.

I’m forwarding this to accounting for you. A refund will be processed and you will receive a confirmation of this via email from Elizabeth tomorrow; or asap.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 11:17 am #42485

Thank you Jason, I appreciate that.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.