latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Purchasing the S2Member!

Home Forums Community Forum Purchasing the S2Member!

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 4:31 pm #41222
James P
Username: TheTwister

Hello,
I’m thinking I may have to purchase this product, but I need someone to contact me. I’m looking at the CSV part of it and it is something I need.

Does it work the same as ‘Add Multiple Users’ plugin? Like I add in Customize Users to the website a Notification Email will appear saying the users username and password, along with other writing?

James

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:40 am #41298
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m thinking I may have to purchase this product, but I need someone to contact me. I’m looking at the CSV part of it and it is something I need.

Does it work the same as ‘Add Multiple Users’ plugin? Like I add in Customize Users to the website a Notification Email will appear saying the users username and password, along with other writing?

I’m not familiar with the Add Multiple Users plugin. However I can tell you that the s2Member Import runs quietly, meaning no email notifications are processed (including List Subscriptions).

From Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation:

*No Email Notification* This import routine works silently. Users/Members will NOT be contacted by s2Member; that is, unless you have another plugin installed that conflicts with s2Member’s ability to perform the Import properly. You should always test one or two accounts before importing a large number of Users all at once. If you want Users/Members to be contacted, you can add them manually, by going to WordPress® -> Users -> Add New, and selecting one of the s2Member Roles from the drop-down menu.

There is a way around this, but it’s not tested and not recommended. Please see this thread with a note from the lead developer:

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16843#p61284

Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 5:06 pm #41329

Hello,

James P. is getting an 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
When he tries to log into this page in order to reply to this topic. Can you look into it when you are back, so he can finish this topic? (he’s asked me to alert you to his issue)

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:15 pm #41504
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@TheTwister (James), your account is now accessible. Thanks for your patience.
Please note that we allow up to 10 unique IP addresses every 30 days.
If you exceed that limit in some way, this may occur again.
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:38 pm #41580
James P

Thank you @Jason and Mary :)

@Bruce – Okay, is there a way for me to add a whole load of members on to the website? The website I’m creating will not have a register form. It is for a sports club so I have a list with all names of members, usernames and emails and I will create a password for each. Do you have any idea how I can do this?
That plugin I said can do it but s2member interferes with it.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:10 am #41770
Bruce
Staff Member

Okay, is there a way for me to add a whole load of members on to the website? The website I’m creating will not have a register form. It is for a sports club so I have a list with all names of members, usernames and emails and I will create a password for each. Do you have any idea how I can do this?
That plugin I said can do it but s2member interferes with it.

With s2Member® Pro you can Import Members through a CSV File. This functionality is located here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation

See: Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:29 pm #41889
James P

@Bruce, okay thank you. But will it be able to send an email to all members notifying their username and password once I have added them in?

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:09 am #42234
Bruce
Staff Member

@Bruce, okay thank you. But will it be able to send an email to all members notifying their username and password once I have added them in?

No currently s2Member’s User Importation runs silently, and will not contact Users when they are created.

See this post for more info:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/member-import-mailchimp-list-update/#post-6847

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.