latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Taxonomy/Post Behind the Pay Wall

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Taxonomy/Post Behind the Pay Wall

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:10 pm #51977
John Dugan
Username: johndugan

Is it possible to configure s2member so that posts tagged with a custom taxonomy require membership? How about posts created within a custom post type? For example, I created a custom taxonomy as well as a custom post type for training and would like all posts tagged with a term that exists in the training taxonomy, as well posts created within the training custom post type to require a membership to view the full post.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 15th, 2013 at 6:44 am #51991

These are the restrictions available:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Post Access Restrictions[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

I don’t know about custom taxonomies, but custom post types are supported in the Page restriction: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Page Access Restrictions[/hilite]

Maybe you can create a customization to protect post types too. The 2nd part of the custom capabilities video shows a hack to protect categories with ccaps, it may give you an idea on how to restrict custom taxonomies with ccaps or levels.
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/wp_loaded

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.