latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Q About: Creating A “User Manager” Role

Home Forums Community Forum Q About: Creating A “User Manager” Role

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 8:26 pm #38535
ricarod
Username: ricarod

Jason recently posted **Creating A “User Manager” Role** (http://bit.ly/So4Wx8) and that’s great info so although this is not ‘officially’ supported, let me ask you this: would you say the info on that post will allow the following set up:

Build a site with two membership level (plus admin of course, I’m referring from users perspective) where LEVEL 1 is for subscribers that can login to LEVEL 1 areas of the site and find a list of service providers (I know listing is out of the scope here but s2 will protect access to that page) and then LEVEL 2 is for service providers that can login to the site and post (list) service they offer.

I guess the way I see it is that by using the role management plugin Jason commented about will allow to set up what service provider can edit for listing their service, right?

I guess the way do to is is that service provider get to their page (site/ownPage) where they can enter that info, right?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 pm #39108
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Yes, what you’re describing certainly sounds do-able. While my example might not fit your needs precisely, the ability to modify and/or create new Roles with that plugin makes all sorts of things possible.

I would also recommend taking a look at these PHP functions which will allow you to create conditions in your WordPress® theme files (or any custom PHP code that you introduce).

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.