latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

question about confirmation emails

Home Forums Community Forum question about confirmation emails

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 11:25 am #15173

I am aware that if I want the system to create a password that then the new subscriber will receive an email.
In my case I want user to create their email immediately and still receive an email with all kind of data, is that possible? I have been looking for that but cannot find it.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 11:41 pm #15231

In my case I want user to create their email immediately and still receive an email with all kind of data

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to do. Could you explain this a bit more? Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:19 am #15368

Sorry for a late reaction. I’ve been quite busy.
Here is the situation as I understand it (correct me if I am wrong).
If I do NOT give the user the opportunity to fill in his/her own password then (s)he will receive an email with a system generated password and a link to the profile page where the password can be changed.

I would like to give my users the chance to immediately create their own password and still send out a confirmation email with additional information.
is that possible?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:19 am #15439

Ah ok, thanks for explaining.

Yes, you can do that. You have two emails you can edit with s2Member: the New User email WordPress sends on account creation, and the confirmation email s2Member sends when the person pays to get an account.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

They both have a few replacement codes you can use in your email to add info particular to that user/transaction.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:21 am #15529

It does, Thank you Christian.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #15581

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.