latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Question about open registration

Home Forums Community Forum Question about open registration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:27 pm #35116

I was wondering what happens if I chooses no to open registration..how does paying customer register for the site? Will paying customers be redirected to a registration page after paying or how does the account creation process work for them if I don’t allow open registration?

Is there any way I can have access to the registration page when I don’t allow open registrations? I’m struggling with it currently…

Cheers,

Bojan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:01 am #35163
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bojan,

Open registration is the registration for level 0, basically you’re disabling WordPress’ built-in registration. In that case you need to offer the user PayPal buttons so that he can p ay for the membership.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 4:20 pm #35191

Hi Eduan, thanks for the answer! So if i understand it correctly the user will be redirected to the registration page after he or she has made a payment? In the registration page will be accessible to them even though the open registration is closed?

Cheers and thanks for the help!

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:11 am #35254
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bojan,

Yes, the user will be redirected to the registration page after he has payed, however, s2Member will know that the user paid and so will allow him to register instead of blocking it.

So if you offer paid content it is totally safe to close open registration.

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.