latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Question before purchase please

Home Forums Community Forum Question before purchase please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Kitty Jellinek 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 6:44 pm #4179

Hi, I am interested in buying:
Network Support License ($289 USD)

Your advice in your refund policy is to test applications in the free version first.

To test I have installed s2member on a single wordpress with 2011 theme and Front File Manager.

I only want the site to have two basic automated applications:

level 1 can upload files without the ability to view or change those files once they have been uploaded.

Level 2 can download their own files but not view any other level 2 members files.

Level1 and level2 have NO access to any dashboard functions including media library so they can NOT create their own posts/pages.

So far I have managed to set up:

Level1 registers- sent to the personalized welcome page and gets directed to the upload page – can upload all files into protected s2member directory and have no way of viewing or editing those files. – DONE

Level2 registers- sent to the personalized welcome page and gets directed to their personalized portal page where they can both upload view and download ALL level2 files, inline or via their computer.
All works well EXCEPT that I don’t want all level2 files visible on the portal page. I want just the logged in user on the portal page to see their own files.

My question: Is it possible to do this fully automated [it does work manually] via the s2member program – perhaps using a different system to the Front End File Manager – is there an automation application to write new s2member ccap directories for individual users into the protected file directory?

Thanks,
Kitty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 5:41 am #4439

Hi Kitty.

No, s2Member doesn’t manage file uploads or their directories. You’d need to customize the file uploader to do this the way you need it, so it checks for the user’s ccap to find/create the right directory to upload.

About controlling what plugins a level can or not use in the multisite network, you may find this thread interesting: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1414

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 4:53 pm #4496

Thanks Cristian,
Would you know of a file upload program/plugin that works harmoniously with s2member?
Only needs to work with a single wp install – not multi- site.
Cheers,
Kitty.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.