latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Quick Cache "Clear Cache Manually"

Home Forums Community Forum Quick Cache "Clear Cache Manually"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Thomas 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 12:58 pm #13531
Frank
Username: frank6tg

I can’t find any documentation on when you should use Quick Cache’s “Clear Cache Manually” button.
Can anyone provide a list of reasons you would (or SHOULD) do this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 4:35 am #13642

Well, if you made a change that isn’t showing up in your site because the cache, instead of waiting for it to expire you can do it manually right then. Quick Cache will normally automatically update the cache for a content that was updated but you still have control over it in case it’s needed.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 4:34 am #39638
Thomas
Username: tomrail

Another great tool from you guys!!

One thing -maybe a bug or small issue- when pressing [Clear Cache] .. the loader on the left side of the button infinitely indicates doing something. Means it not stops displaying that moving loader circle.

However, after save page or reload page is initiated.. it reverts to it´s normal state.

So maybe my “maintenance” plugin or any other conflicts with that.. or it is something else.

This is not a great deal.. but maybe -if that issue is able to be replicated- confuses some users as they would assume the plugin is still clearing cache cause that circle moving loader icon not stopping.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.