latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Quick Cache not working in Home Page

Home Forums Community Forum Quick Cache not working in Home Page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:55 am #24128

Quick Cache Footer Comment Information in Home Page is not Visible but the comments are visible in inner pages though.

So it look like, QuickCache is not working in the home page?

Anyone guide me resolving this issue?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 9:41 am #24159
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Shivaji,

What happens when you disable Quick Cache? Does the problem get fixed?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:06 am #24163

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-cache/

I think I didn’t explain my issue correctly.

To verify whether QuickCache is working properly in a website or not, the plugin write a comment with Page Load time at extreme bottom of the web page. If I right-click and View Source the page, it shows the comment.

The Comment is visible in inner Pages and Posts but not in the Home Page.

So it seems Quick Cache is not working in the Home Page.

Under Reading Settings > Home Page Front page displays is set to “Static Front Page” rather then “Your Latest Post”

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:39 am #24164
Eduan

Oh OK, yes I believe I understand the problem now.

I’ll check with Jason and check if this is intended behavior. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:00 am #24168

Yes, please discuss with Jason. Also give him two tips to help him analyze the issue:

In my website:

1. Reading Settings > Home Page Front page displays is set to “Static Front Page” rather then “Your Latest Post”

2. Permalink Settings > /%postname%/

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:02 am #24169
Eduan

I told him to check out this post and see if it’s intended behavior. :)

Remember, Jason is currently very busy with the new version of s2Member, so if he doesn’t answer within a week, don’t get surprised (although that usually doesn’t happen).

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 9:08 pm #26902
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

The Comment is visible in inner Pages and Posts but not in the Home Page.

So it seems Quick Cache is not working in the Home Page.

Under Reading Settings > Home Page Front page displays is set to “Static Front Page” rather then “Your Latest Post”

Gotchya. No, that’s not the intended behavior. Here are some things I would check on.

1. Do any of your Quick Cache configuration options negate the home page of your site in some way? If not directly, could this be happening indirectly, based on your current Quick Cache configuration?

2. Do you have any content loading up on the home page, which might be introduced by a plugin which intentionally disables caching for any page that presents certain content? Other WP plugins have the ability to do this, and Quick Cache MUST obey. For example, the s2Member plugin (written by myself), will intentionally prevent caching on pages that contain Payment Buttons, as these are generated dynamically, based on the current user visiting the site; and thus, CANNOT be cached.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.