latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Quick question:Can I mass modify subscribers?

Home Forums Community Forum Quick question:Can I mass modify subscribers?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:03 am #21852

I’d like to get members on a subscription level and then mass upgrade them to the next payment level once there are enough subscribers.

Is this possible with S2member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:13 am #21876
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Alex,

I’m pretty sure this is not possible with s2Member with a visual interface or within s2Member, although you are able to generate a script that goes through each user and changes his level for you.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #21906

Thanks for helping.

From my understanding, you can upgrade members through the backend in paypal right?

So, if I go through and upgrade all the accounts upon launch, would that work? (after also mass changing the roles to an upper level through the user interface on wordpress)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:07 pm #21936
Eduan

Actually, changing the subscription in PayPal wouldn’t work, it has to be specially integrated with s2Member, you could offer them modification buttons, which would allow them to upgrade to a higher level when they want, you can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:35 pm #21942

Ok I see..

Correct me if i’m wrong but I was reading through the “Upgrading And/Or Downgrading User Accounts” on the quick start guide and it states:

“Feel free to modify your Members’ Subscriptions via PayPal® as often as you like. s2Member will be notified through the PayPal® IPN service behind-the-scene automatically. For example… If you log into PayPal® and cancel a Member’s paid Subscription, s2Member will be notified by PayPal® behind-the-scene, and s2Member will remove their Membership privileges at the correct point in time.”

So are you able to modify their subscriptions at all through the back-end?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:04 am #21995
Eduan

Oh I’m very sorry! I have not read that section in almost a year, I’m very sorry for my false info.

Yes you are right, just remember it doesn’t work from s2Member to PayPal, just from PayPal to s2Member, as long as you configure it correctly. ;)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.