latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Re: Members accessing expired accou

Home Forums Community Forum Re: Members accessing expired accou

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #4680

Cristián,
I see there is a new Forum location. I tried finding this original posting below on the PriMoThemes with no luck. I’m hoping you’ll remember the conversation…

– To answer your question, the link to the page he was able to access and shouldn’t have is: http://www.aimcenters.com/login-welcome-page/.
Actually, I am ‘he’. I created the account in question as a test subscription, so that I can see what happens when a subscription expires etc.

– The value in the “Enable s2Member’s Auto-EOT System” now reads: Yes / enable via WP-Cron.

– I’m wondering if the “Fixed-Term Extensions ( auto-extend )?” needs to be changed from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’?

– s2Member is demoting subscribers from ‘Studio Level 1″ to Membership Level Free at the end of their term. Is it possible to not allow them, once demoted to ‘Free’ access to level 1+ pages?

Thanks. Karen

———————————————————————-
Re: Members accessing expired accounts

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 9:18 pm
Thank you.

Enable s2Member’s Auto-EOT System should have a value, please set it to what you prefer.

If he has the free membership level, I’m assuming the Subscriber or s2Member Level 0 role, he either was always at that role or was demoted to it on EOT. If a user with that role has access to your content, then the content is not restricted above that level. Could you give me a link to a page he was able to access and shouldn’t have, please?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:49 pm #5141

Hi Karen! Yes, I remember the conversation. :)

– To answer your question, the link to the page he was able to access and shouldn’t have is: http://www.aimcenters.com/login-welcome-page/.

I see, you’re trying to prevent the user from viewing the Login Welcome Page. This is a problem, because that page, since it’s the one show to users when they login, has to be viewable to all logged in users, which includes free ones at s2 Level 0.

The Login Welcome Page is automatically restricted at Level 0, so only logged in users can view it, so it is out of reach for non-logged in visitors, but will always be visible to logged in ones.

– s2Member is demoting subscribers from ‘Studio Level 1″ to Membership Level Free at the end of their term. Is it possible to not allow them, once demoted to ‘Free’ access to level 1+ pages?

If someone gets demoted to Level 0 by the Auto EOT Behavior, then all content protected at Level 1 or higher will be out of his reach.

– I’m wondering if the “Fixed-Term Extensions ( auto-extend )?” needs to be changed from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’?

This affects one-time payments, not recurring payments. That settings makes it possible to extend existing access time.

So, if someone paid for a month of access and a couple of days later pays again for a month, if the auto-extend setting is “yes”, then the new month will be added to the already paid month, resulting in 2 months of access.

If the setting were “no”, then the previous paid month gets dropped and the new one starts immediately, resulting in the a total access of 2 days from the first purchase and another month from the second one.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.