latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Really hoping someone can shed some light

Home Forums Community Forum Really hoping someone can shed some light

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 12:04 am #28187

Hi, i am a complete newbie and really need to understand if what i want to do, will work.. Any advice/suggestions are really appreciated.

On my domain name (Example: http://www.mywebsite.com), i have the front end wordpress website installed in the root-directory, this has the sales page, etc….. I have created a directory named /members (Example: http://www.mywebsite.com/members) and uploaded wordpress to this and installed the theme and s2member plugin.

I understand that the s2member plugin provides the paypal buy it now buttons, but what i want to know is, will they work on the front end wordpress site (www.mywebsite.com), even though they are on a different wordpress installation and not on the installation that has s2member on it?

I really hope this makes sense.

Any help is appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 6:57 am #28207

Hi James.

No, they won’t. The s2Member shortcodes will only work in the WordPress installation where s2Member is active.

If you want to have PayPal buttons outside of the WP with s2, then you need to create them over at PayPal following these instructions: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Those buttons will work for new users, but not to upgrade existing ones.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #28268

Great. Thank you so much for your help Cristian

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 9:04 am #28330

No problem! Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.