latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

reCAPTCHA Keys

Home Forums Community Forum reCAPTCHA Keys

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 8:35 am #49362

I’m trying to set up my own codes and I’m getting an error on the Pro Forms Free Registration Form. I believe that the ‘input error… invalid referer’ is being caused by the fact that I have not completed this instruction: Just add this Attribute to your Pro Form Shortcode: captcha=”clean”.

How do I do this and or is there another issue?

Thanks

Mike Sinibaldi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 9:34 pm #49426
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I just tested the reCaptcha integration in our labs and it seems to be working correctly still. It sounds like this error is being sent because of an invalid Private Key here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› CAPTCHA Anti-Spam Security

Try generating new keys and see if it works then. Let us know if problems persist.

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:34 pm #49441

I regenerated the codes from the link that is provided in s2 member. These are Google recaptcha keys. I also reinserted the short code for the registration form. I’m still getting the error. Do I need to download the WP SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam plugin before this works? I thought that it may already be integrated. If not, I have no idea why this is occurring.

Please advise.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:36 pm #49443
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Could you send us a Dashboard login so we can take a look?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 11:35 am #49485

Bruce – I appreciate you trying to help me but am not comfortable with proceeding by providing access to my site unless absolutely necessary. Could you answer the question regarding the need to download the WP SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam plugin before this works? (see previous reply I made).

Mike

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 2:14 pm #49493
Bruce
Staff Member

Could you answer the question regarding the need to download the WP SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam plugin before this works? (see previous reply I made).

This isn’t necessary for the integration. s2Member only requires that you put captcha=”clean” into your PayPal Button/Pro Form shortcodes and it will generate Captcha fields of its own. That plugin is only meant for Captcha-protecting things like login forms, which s2Member does not do.

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 2:49 pm #49500

captcha=”clean” is already in the free registration form as it is self generating. This should be a simple process. The only thing I can think of is that when I got the key codes I used http://mikesinibaldi.com Is a possible cause of problem that I am still in development mode and using WP http://mikesinibaldi.com gridserver rather than mikesinibaldi.com?

Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:57 am #49553
Bruce
Staff Member

Is a possible cause of problem that I am still in development mode and using WP http://mikesinibaldi.com gridserver rather than mikesinibaldi.com?

Yes this would be a problem if you’re trying to use keys for a domain other than your own. You should be using keys for whatever domain you’re on currently.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.