latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recipient code problem & unexpected email

Home Forums Community Forum Recipient code problem & unexpected email

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Bahi P 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:18 am #24901
Bahi P
Username: bahi

Hi

I’m testing the S2Member framework for a potential internship site. There no payment involved for registration but there’s restricted content. S2Member is great for restricting access to that content, providing a custom login experience, etc. People will apply to join using a contact form & CV submission and the users will be created and assigned a custom role create by S2Member.

I’ve customised the email message that users should get when I create them (General Options=> Email Configuration=> New User Email). When I create users in WordPress manually, here’s what I see:

If I tick ‘Add the user without sending them a confirmation email’, the user apparently doesn’t get the custom message.
    If I leave it unticked, the user gets an initial confirmation message before the custom message and another message (‘Dear User, Your new account is set up. ‘) after the custom message. I guess both are WordPress messages.
    I’ve used recipient codes like ‘Dear %%user_first_name%%’ in the custom email message. Though I complete these fields in the S2Member ‘Add a User’ screen when I create the user, they’re blank in the e-mail message that the user receives. I’ve tried %%user_first_name%%, %%user_full_name%% and %%user_last_name%% — none work. However, %%user_login%% and %%user_pass%% are working.

Q1: If I import users via CSV, would the fields be registered before the registration email is sent out?
Q2: Do you have any advice about dealing with the extra email messages from (I’m guessing) from the WordPress engine?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Best wishes

Bahi

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Bahi P.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.