latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Record Company Name in Authorize.net

Home Forums Community Forum Record Company Name in Authorize.net

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:00 am #35060
Ben Rowley
Username: NBM

The plugin is working great! However, when someone registers, the company name is not being recorded with authorize.net. I have a custom field where they input the company name, but how do I get it to be included on the authorize.net receipt? I see a company field with auth.net, but it is empty.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 8:33 am #35144

Hi Ben.

The custom profile field you created in s2Member for the company name, is unrelated to the field for it in Authorize.Net, one won’t populate the other.

I don’t know how to have that Auth.Net field show in your pro-form or be populated from it. I’ll email Jason to ask how it could be done.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 4:55 am #35213
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

s2Member’s integration with Authorize.Net does NOT allow you to create Custom Registration/Profile Fields from your s2Member configuration panel, and map those to Authorize.Net API calls. s2Member only sends Authorize.Net the information required to complete the transaction itself. All other information (i.e. any Custom Fields that you add), will be stored in WordPress and associated with the customer’s account record in WordPress, and only in WordPress.

That being said, you are correct that Authorize.Net DOES support a company field. So if you wanted to map your Custom Registration Field that you created with s2Member to an API call that passes that info over to Authorize.Net, you will need to custom code this.

Here is a quick overview of what it might take…

Open /s2member-pro/includes/classess/gateways/authnet/authnet-checkout-in.inc.php

Find all lines which contain:

$_authnet["x_first_name"] = $post_vars["first_name"];

Add a line beneath each instance that you find.

$_authnet["x_first_name"] = $post_vars["first_name"];
$_authnet["x_company"] = $post_vars["custom_fields"]["company"];

This assumes that you gave your Custom Registration/Profile Field (when you configured it with s2Member), the Field ID: company. If you did NOT give it this Field ID, then please change the code snippet above where you see reference to the Field ID (i.e. ["company"]).

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.