latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

*Urgent*PayPal Payment cancelled $0.00 Passed

Home Forums Community Forum *Urgent*PayPal Payment cancelled $0.00 Passed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:04 pm #53137

Hi there.
I need help please, this is in regards to a clients website i made with WP and s2members.

We’ve had 2 cases of subscription purchases using recurring payments where a “New User Registration” email is received from WP to the site owner. But no PayPal email confirming payment is received. (other payments for the same subscription have gone through no problems)

When logging into Paypal, I can see the payment entry with the status “Created” and directory following that, the same customers entry with the status “Cancelled”

So they are being created, then canceled, looking at the s2member log it looks like its not being passed to PayPal

Below is the error log of one of the cancelled payments

LOG ENTRY: Mon Jul 8th, 2013 @ precisely 11:30 pm UTC
PHP v5.3.24 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130221 :: s2Member® Pro v130221
Memory 38.51 MB :: Real Memory 39.00 MB :: Peak Memory 38.57 MB :: Real Peak Memory 39.00 MB
http://www.theholisticgoddess.com.au/service/membership/12-week-transformation-weekly/?s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return&token=EC-60U029144K856470A
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-au; GT-I9300T Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
——– Input vars: ( Mon Jul 8, 2013 11:30:21 pm UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘GetExpressCheckoutDetails’,
‘TOKEN’ => ‘EC-60U029144K856470A’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘rachelle_api1.theholisticgoddess.com.au’,
‘PWD’ => ‘P2HW9WVJPWBEBZGH’,
‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31A6F7TlEwGSpiFYdFWVv0s-tKe2XY’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Mon Jul 8, 2013 11:30:22 pm UTC ) ——–
TOKEN=EC%2d60U029144K856470A&BILLINGAGREEMENTACCEPTEDSTATUS=1&CHECKOUTSTATUS=PaymentActionNotInitiated&TIMESTAMP=2013%2d07%2d08T23%3a30%3a22Z&CORRELATIONID=b3f1584696b72&ACK=Success&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=6733274&EMAIL=xxxxxx%40gmail%2ecom&PAYERID=Y72YH3GRMQWF4&PAYERSTATUS=unverified&FIRSTNAME=xxxxx&LASTNAME=xxxxx&COUNTRYCODE=AU&CURRENCYCODE=USD&AMT=0%2e00&SHIPPINGAMT=0%2e00&HANDLINGAMT=0%2e00&TAXAMT=0%2e00&INSURANCEAMT=0%2e00&SHIPDISCAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE=USD&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_HANDLINGAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPDISCAMT=0%2e00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEOPTIONOFFERED=false&PAYMENTREQUESTINFO_0_ERRORCODE=0
array (
‘TOKEN’ => ‘EC-60U029144K856470A’,
‘BILLINGAGREEMENTACCEPTEDSTATUS’ => ‘1’,
‘CHECKOUTSTATUS’ => ‘PaymentActionNotInitiated’,
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2013-07-08T23:30:22Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘b3f1584696b72’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Success’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘6733274’,
‘EMAIL’ => ‘xxxxxx@gmail.com’,
‘PAYERID’ => ‘Y72YH3GRMQWF4’,
‘PAYERSTATUS’ => ‘unverified’,
‘FIRSTNAME’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘LASTNAME’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘COUNTRYCODE’ => ‘AU’,
‘CURRENCYCODE’ => ‘USD’,
‘AMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘SHIPPINGAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘HANDLINGAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘TAXAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘INSURANCEAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘SHIPDISCAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE’ => ‘USD’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_HANDLINGAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPDISCAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEOPTIONOFFERED’ => ‘false’,
‘PAYMENTREQUESTINFO_0_ERRORCODE’ => ‘0’,
)

Below is the code to display the signup form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="12-week Transformation - $19.99 AUD Weekly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.theholisticgoddess.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="19.99" rp="1" rt="W" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Below are the details of the payment in paypal.

Payment details
Payment type:
Initial Payment – $19.99 AUD, Amount received – $0.00 AUD
Regular Recurring Payment – $19.99 AUD, Amount received – $0.00 AUD
Total $0.00 AUD

Item name 12-week Transformation – $19.99 AUD Weekly (recurring cha…
Invoice Number 1373974221:0 D:1 W~www.theholisticgoddess.com.au~2
Last payment due 9 Jul 2013
Add payments that failed to next bill Yes
This profile will be suspended after 2 fails

The only comparison between the 2 failed purchases (2 customers) is that each users PayPal account status is “Unverified” however that should not stop the site from receiving money from these customers

I dont understand the log file to see what the issue is.

We called PayPal and they said it was the website.

Can you please shed some light on this issue ASAP
thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:38 pm #53197

Can anyone assist? please?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:33 am #53222
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

It sounds to me like you’re getting skipped payments and your RRA attribute is set to 2, so your Users are getting access until their payment fails twice.

The quick fix here is to set your RRA attribute to 0, to prevent failed payments from being allowed in the future.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 4:34 pm #53248

Hi Bruce
thank you so much for looking at this for me.

Can you help me understand how this may the issue if no money is ever collected. Wouldn’t they have to pay something first before the are demoted? The user is set up as a Free Subscriber. In the user profile under “s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields” the only filed complete is the IP and in Administrative Notes it says

Demoted by s2Member: Mon Jul 8, 2013 11:32 pm UTC
Paid Subscr. ID @ time of demotion: paypal -› I-6WYJX4K8F5XL

Will setting the RRA attribute to 0 be the fix or is there a better solution?

thanks again

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 4:41 pm #53250
Bruce
Staff Member

Can you help me understand how this may the issue if no money is ever collected. Wouldn’t they have to pay something first before the are demoted? The user is set up as a Free Subscriber. In the user profile under “s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields” the only filed complete is the IP and in Administrative Notes it says

This has to do with the settings in your PayPal Options, as well as the RRA attribute:
(See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› PayPal® Pro Forms / Recurring Profile Behavior

By default, s2Member will keep things as streamlined as possible by allowing the User to register before the transaction is completed, because there is a chance that the payment will simply fail the first time, and then go through on the second try.

However if the payment does fail for sure, then this does cause a problem because until PayPal registers that the User is unable to make the payment (meaning that the number of attempted payments reaches the RRA amount), the User has access.

So if you’re having problems with this, change your Recurring Profile Behavior to Real-Time, and for additional security you can make failed payments at any time cause a cancellation by setting your RRA attribute to 0.

Does that all make sense?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 4:48 pm #53251

thank you, thank you!!

One last question, for a payment to fail, what could be the cause?
I thought paypal represented a payment that has sufficient funds with “Suspended” status, not failed. Is it the customers end that would result in a fail or a fail with the system

thank you again

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 4:56 pm #53252
Bruce
Staff Member

I thought paypal represented a payment that has sufficient funds with “Suspended” status, not failed. Is it the customers end that would result in a fail or a fail with the system

If you look through your logs, you should see that s2Member does receive a notice from PayPal that there was a failed payment, and does not do anything with the information but log it. During this time, the subscription is momentarily put into that Suspended status. When the number of failed payments reaches the maximum number (the RRA attribute), PayPal instead sends s2Member data to cancel the User.

At least that’s how it works from s2Member’s standpoint. I’m not 100% sure on the information that PayPal actually gives you at PayPal.com, but that’s the gist of what’s happening.

As far as what’s causing the failures, if it’s just a few random Users then it’s probably because of insufficient funds, or a problem with their PayPal account / card. If it’s happening on every User, then it might have something to do with something you have set up at PayPal.

It’s unlikely that anything you set up at PayPal would cause sporadic failed payments.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.