latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payment Dates

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payment Dates

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:35 pm #9669
Andrew Bell
Username: bellang

Hi, currently getting my head around S2Member and am very impressed (even though I’m very much not a developer). I do however have a problem which I’m not sure is fixable.

Is it possible for S2Member to create payment buttons or forms for recurring payments that are set to come out on a specific date of the month? I’m not too bothered about the first payment (that can come out straight away) but it would be great if subsequeunt payments could come out on a specific date (eg. 1st). Is this something that is possible at all?

Many thanks for any help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:46 pm #9671
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew, thanks for your inquiry.

If I understood correctly, you mean that the button or pro-form only comes out in a certain date? Before that it’s not accessible? So you can control in which dates certain products are available for example?

Please correct me if I’m wrong. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 1:52 pm #9673
Andrew Bell

Sorry, I confused the issue by talking about forms and buttons.

What I mean is, is there anyway that S2Member can specify what date the monies should be transferred out of an account and into the merchant account.

i.e. can a seller set s2member only to recurring bill on the 1st of the month for subscribers, even if they sign up on the 15th?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:15 pm #9791
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

That’s not currently a configurable option within s2Member, however you could create a customization that dynamically generates the PayPal Pro-Form with a free trial period for the remainder of the month.

So for example, if today was the 15th, you’d use some PHP code to figure out that there are 15 days remaining this month and then display a Pro-Form that has a 15-day free trial period. Then, the customer’s account would automatically be billed on the 1st of each month.

The following thread from the old forum explains how to do dynamic shortcodes:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 2:38 am #10713
Andrew Bell

Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks very much for the information, much appreciated.

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:23 am #10734
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re most welcome, Andrew! Glad to help. :)

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:09 am #12036
Andrew Bell

Hi, I notice that in Paypal they use a;

PROFILESTARTDATE
RecurringPaymentsProfileDetails.
BillingStartDate

As you already have an initial payment start, is there anyway of customising the profilestartdate of the recurring payment through S2Member?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 7:58 pm #12105

Andrew, I emailed Jason asking him about it. I’ll let you know when I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 5:17 am #12139
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

The fields mentioned in this thread, such as PROFILESTARTDATE, are handled internally by s2Member. If you need to adjust the PROFILESTARTDATE, you would simply change the initial/trial period in your Shortcode, and s2Member does the rest.

So for example, if I wanted to sell a membership that starts billing two months after the initial signup, I would create a Pro Form Shortcode with a 2 month initial/trial period. Specifically, take a look at the Shortcode Attributes documentation for Pro Form Shortcodes. The tp="" and tt="" attributes are what control the underlying PROFILESTARTDATE.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 2:36 pm #12169
Andrew Bell

Thanks!

Not trying to prolong this for you guys(!) but is there anyway to specify PROFILESTARTDATE for a Pro Form? That would help immensely as would mean we could manually create a new button each month while we sort an automated solution.

Thanks again.

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:44 pm #12180

Those shortcode attributes, [hilite mono]tp[/hilite] and [hilite mono]tt[/hilite], are available for the pro-form too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

Posted: Sunday Apr 29th, 2012 at 8:06 am #12189
Andrew Bell

Am I right in thinking though this will only set a time from now, rather than being able to enter a specific date for a recurring billing to start?

Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #12226
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Andrew,

That is correct. If you want the PROFILESTARTDATE to occur on the 1st of the month, you’ll need to calculate the number of days between today (now) and the end of the month and then use that number in the tp= attribute (make sure that tt=”D” for ‘Days’).

For example, if today was the 20th, you’d calculate that there are 10 days remaining in the month and then set tp=”10″ tt=”D” and that will cause s2Member to set the PROFILESTARTDATE to 10 days from today (i.e., the 1st of the next month).

You’ll need to make use of PHP to do these calculations.

Posted: Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 9:40 am #13146
Andrew Bell

Hi, I very much appreciate the help here.

Being no developer and having no experience of PHP, it was, surprisingly, not too bad to do this! All seems good with the paypal sandbox account giving me the right amount initially and the correct profile start date. Miracles do happen! So much appreciate your support here.

I have noticed one issue with the email that S2Member generates when someone signs up. It seems to have a mix of currencies, in that I’m using GBP which seems to work for recurring, but charges today is in dollars (though paypal is using GBP). Any ideas?

Charges today: $19.99
Recurring charges: £19.99 / monthly

Happy to create a new thread for this if it helps?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 5:34 am #13178

Thanks for the kudos, Andrew. :)

I have noticed one issue with the email that S2Member generates when someone signs up. It seems to have a mix of currencies, in that I’m using GBP which seems to work for recurring, but charges today is in dollars (though paypal is using GBP). Any ideas?

Is that the confirmation email? What template do you have in your settings for it? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

What’s the shortcode you’re using for the purchase?

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #13216
Andrew Bell

Ah…. All this coding has removed any common sense I had left. Had the $ sign in the template, thanks again!!!

Have a good weekend.

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 8:09 pm #13240

You too! I’m gald you could sort it out. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.