latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payment for Specific Page Access

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payment for Specific Page Access

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Ganaxi 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 24th, 2013 at 10:09 pm #58652
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Okay, so I looked through the support forum and training videos on custom capabilities. But I still am not sure on whether I can solve this problem, and if yes, then how. So, here it is.

I have a Membership site with four levels, in addition to free subscriber access, all with incrementally more access to site content. In addition, I currently also offer access to about 150-odd specific page/posts via Buy Now buttons/ pro-forms. The content on these specific page/ posts pages however cannot be offered incremental, e.g., each page/post offers access to equity investment ideas in different industries, so a user could be interested in any combination of the 150 or so specific page/ posts.

I now want to convert these individual page/post content pages so that I can charge them not as one-time or Buy Now transactions, but as recurrent (quarterly) payments. FYI- most of the interest for these specific page/ posts would be from the level 0 subscribers, so limiting it to them would not ‘kill’ the idea, although not preferable.

I investigated into capabilities, but from what I can tell, you can’t make independent capabilities recurring – I am not sure if that understanding is correct or not?

Also, I understand from the knowledgeBase that I would have to pre-define the capabilities and have buttons for each. That too would be a problem because I have infinite combinations possible with 150 specific page/posts, each focusing on a different industry group (for investment ideas). However, if it helps, each of those page/posts has the same price.

So, the question is — is there a simple solution (i.e., out-of-the-box) that I somehow have missed in searching through the forum —- and if not, as it appears so to me, is there a possible solution that is not that easy or direct — and if so, then what is it, or how can it be done, or is there a message thread that I missed that talks about how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 25th, 2013 at 7:01 pm #58668
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Okay, so it’s the weekend and no one has responded. But I have made some progress, but still need direction.

So, I am leaning towards upgrading all members by one level (and concurrently raising the levels for the level-restricted pages as well. So, that way, level 1 can now be available for recurring payments with custom capabilities

Question 1: Is there a fatal flaw here, i.e., upgrading all members by 1 level (along with raising all page levels by one). Will that allow current recurring payments for those memberships to go uninterrupted, and without any intervention on the part of members — and also are there any additional steps for me to make this work.

Question 2: I don’t want level 2 or higher level users to see level 1 with custom capabilities content. Given that none of the higher levels (than one) have custom capabilities, will that work by default. i.e., even though membership access is incremental, would level 2 still not have access to the level 1 content, since none of them have custom capabilities.

Question 3: If not for Q2, then how can I restrict level 2 from seeing level 1 content. I remeber someone back someone mention a plugin on wordpress roles and capabilities. Would I be using that?

Question 4: Are there any additional steps needed here, other than putting capabilities into the specific pages that have that content, and generating proforms and buttons to match that?

Question 5: All of this would be even smoother, if s2 allowed multiple subscriptions per user. I understand that’s in the works, but is there a target date for that?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.