latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring payment for specific post/page

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring payment for specific post/page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jeff 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 12:32 pm #26194
Jeff
Username: jeffreygaudette

I am selling quite a few different products and services on my site and I really like s2members ease of integration with PayPal Pro forms.

I am currently trying to sell a product that does not require the purchaser to be a member (i.e. no membership levels and no access to content hidden on the site – i.e. it’s a phone based consultation) but I do want it to be a recurring payment – bill monthly.

Is it possible to set a specific post/page product to bill monthly or act as a recurring payment?

Thanks!

Jeff

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 3:31 pm #26212
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for this great question.

s2Member does not currently support this as a feature, as it is based around the idea of WordPress Roles and Capabilities.

It could be possible through some custom code, however. If you’d like to see about how to set this up through some code, you can check out the Codex, and more specifically the PayPal IPN and PDT/RTN functionality.

It may be possible to create a new version (within an Must Use plugin, s2Member allows its classes to be overridden) of the files s2member/includes/classes/paypal-return-in.inc.php and s2member/includes/classes/paypal-notify-in.inc.php, and create a new class to handle this functionality.

I’m adding PayPal IPN/PDT methods to the list of things to go over within the Knowledge Base, as well as putting in a feature request with the lead developer for a future version of s2Member.

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 9:06 pm #26241
Jeff
Username: jeffreygaudette

Thank you, Bruce. That’s probably a bit above my ability level to do, but I appreciate the details on how to accomplish it if we really need. For now, I think we’ll just send the user straight to PayPal.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.