latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payment not showing as Recurring

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payment not showing as Recurring

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 46 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 8 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 12:18 pm #48505
fpl
Username: ctl

Update: Server Scanner uploaded –> ALL GREEN

Sorry for the delay.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 6:56 pm #48598
fpl

Hi there,

1. I’ve had to re-enable the .htaccess redirect.
If you need to further test on the live site, please let me know.

2. The issue seems to be limited to subscriptions made using a PayPal account: I’ve done other tests using a Mastercard and everything seems to be working smoothly, including cancellation. I had a doubt about the latter, because it took some time for my subsciption to “disappear” from my “Pre-authorized Transactions” list.

3. Just in case it could be related, my customer’s PP account has been upgraded from std to Pro a couple of months ago. @t2media: has your PP account been upgraded too?

Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 4:47 am #48611
Staff Member
UPDATE: This issue has been escalated to PayPal MTS, and we are awaiting a resolution. We will update this thread once we receive confirmation and/or assistance from PayPal MTS.
Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 8:45 am #48616
fpl

Thanks for manning the fort on Sunday, Jason! I feel a bit less lonely. :)

Hopefully, PayPal will be swift to answer…

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #48664
t2media
Username: t2media

Same here, hopefully PayPal is quick. I’m 2 weeks out from my 1st monthly recurring to kick in and we have a few dozen members now. Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 4:51 pm #48820
fpl

According to a “PayFlow API Expert”, the issue might be due to the fact that we need “Reference Transactions” enabled (not the default), which generally takes about 24 hours upon request.

For what it’s worth…

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 7:33 am #49004
fpl

Just FYI –and not surprisingly, Reference Transactions have been enabled on our account –> same issue.

Again, if you need to run other tests on my installaton, just drop me a mail and I will allow your IP(s) in .htaccess.

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 9:39 am #49008

I don’t know how it’s going between Jason and PayPal yet, but I wanted to ask something based on a recent experience I just had with another PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition account: Are your PayPal Pro and regular PayPal accounts tied together? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-errors/#post-48864

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 10:50 am #49010
fpl

Hey Cristián,

Very interesting… :)

As said above, our “regular” PayPal account has been upgraded to Pro a couple of months ago. Meaning, we don’t have 2 separate PP accounts, one standard, one PRO, per se. BUT, we do have to log in with different credentials to access the Manager via our PayPal account => asking PayPal to “check” that…

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 12:25 pm #49023
fpl

Got a mail from my customer… PayPal are asking him for “s2Member’s request w/ password edited out”.

They send the array PayPal sends back to s2Member:

'PAYMENTINFO_0_PAYMENTTYPE' => 'instant',
 'PAYMENTINFO_0_ORDERTIME' => '2013-04-25T14:20:23Z',
 'PAYMENTINFO_0_AMT' => '0.01',
 etc.

… and ask for the corresponding S2 request “with pwd edited out” (which confuses me).

What do they need exactly? Which log?

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 6:58 pm #49063

Try the API one.

I don’t know exactly what they need that for, though. But you can look for the entry that matches the info they sent, and forward it to them, I guess.

Did they answer the question regarding the accounts being tied or separate?

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 8:05 pm #49069
fpl

I sent an excerpt of the paypal-payflow-api.log, hopefully everything they could need seems to be in there.

Did they answer the question regarding the accounts being tied or separate?

Yes they did..:

“Everyone has to double log-in and whoever wrote the post was mistaken. They were already logged into PayPal Manager, went back to their paypal account, and then clicked on Manager again, giving the impression they were automatically logged in.”

That’s why I asked for explicit confirmation in the post you’re referring to above.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 12:13 am #49074

Okay, got it on the double login. Did they answer if the two accounts are connected or not?

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:17 am #49112
fpl

Yes, they said the 2 accounts were properly set up and connected.

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 7:56 am #49199
fpl

Update: none of the payments due to recur yesterday (as shown in the Manager) actually went through.

But we’re lucky, everything is “perfectly synched”: nothing in the seller’s PP account / nothing in the buyer’s PP account. ;)

From PayPal’s Tech Support answer:

As far as not seeing them in the PayPal account this is normal because you cannot manage the profiles from the PayPal side because Recurring Billing is managed from the Manager account. You will however see the funds in your PayPal account since PayPal is your processor just not the actual recurring profiles.

No, we haven’t. And the “recurring” transaction still doesn’t show in the customer’s PayPal account, which certainly can’t be called “normal”.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 11:58 am #49269
fpl

Update concerning the blank “Description” field in PayPal’s receipts.

Just received this answer from PayPal MTS:

Recurring payments do not have descriptions, but you can change the Profile Name to be more descriptive.

Seems to be the way PayFlow goes…

If correct, at least it’s not s2Member not sending the required info, or it being “lost in translation”, as hinted before.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #49291
fpl

Any update on this on s2Member’s side? It’s becoming really urgent.

Here’s the latest my customer got from PayPal MTS:

The 10411 is due to the Express Checkout token being expired.

I did look the logs, and it looks as though you are only doing the DoExpressCheckout API call which is the last step in the Express Checkout API operation.

Additionally, the profiles you created do not have any payment information. Which would explain your field format error.

Really don’t know what to do with that.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 11:32 pm #49335
Staff Member
UPDATE: We are still working with PayPal to resolve this issue, but it appears that we are getting closer to a resolution. A new release of s2Member will be forthcoming (next day or two); to help resolve this issue related to Express Checkout under a Payflow integration.
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 6:54 am #49360
fpl

Thanks for the update, Jason. That’s very good news!

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 2:24 pm #49384
t2media
Username: t2media

Thank you Jason for the upcoming S2 release. I’ve been following closely, but quietly, hoping a resolution was coming as I’m now a little over a week from 1st recurring to kick in for some members. I’ve also been on with Paypal MTS several times and have an open ticket trying to work things from that end as well.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 5:04 am #49731
Staff Member
This issue was resolved in s2Member v130510. Please see:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-expired-security-token/page/2/#post-49729
Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.